• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
End of February/ Early March Discussion Thread 2015

Allsnow

I seemed to have read recently that the +AMO phase had 15 years to go. 

However short term around here the JMA Mar.-May 90 day outlook did have below normal SST's near New England/Mid-Atlantic, as well as below normal 2mT's and above normal precip. despite or because of this.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This evenings SREFS look somewhat interesting for Thursday. . There is a distinct lean NW with the SW .

We need to see if this can trend NW over the next day or 2 in the guidance.

The Euro ensembles clustered the SLP at OBX but moved ENE. I think we are not that far away to bring this N but it will need a little work and the next 36 hours will show you if its coming.

Our snowpack is largely gone by March 10, which seems to coincide with the weeklies showing above normal temps. for the second week of March, before falling again.

http://www.instantweathermaps.com/GFS-php/showmap-conussfc.php?run=2015022218&time=INSTANT&var=SNODI&hour=006

http://www.instantweathermaps.com/GFS-php/showmap-conussfc.php?run=2015022218&time=INSTANT&var=SNODI&hour=384

This evenings SREFS look somewhat interesting for Thursday. . There is a distinct lean NW with the SW .

We need to see if this can trend NW over the next day or 2 in the guidance.

The Euro ensembles clustered the SLP at OBX but moved ENE. I think we are not that far away to bring this N but it will need a little work and the next 36 hours will show you if its coming.

Well, keep us posted. You and DM have done very well this winter.

Our snowpack is largely gone by March 10, which seems to coincide with the weeklies showing above normal temps. for the second week of March, before falling again.

http://www.instantweathermaps.com/GFS-php/showmap-conussfc.php?run=2015022218&time=INSTANT&var=SNODI&hour=006

http://www.instantweathermaps.com/GFS-php/showmap-conussfc.php?run=2015022218&time=INSTANT&var=SNODI&hour=384

Those are very, very speculative maps...I mean use them strictly for the most informal guidance.

Any info if GGEM is showing any systems?

GGEM has us on the edge of the coastal on Thursday with some light snow. It also brings back the potential Miller A storm for next weekend (Sunday) moving it right through the benchmark, but it's a fast mover. I do not like hyping anything unless there are several models on board. Right now, the GGEM is alone for the weekend storm but if the Euro jumps on this, I'd say it's probably for real. UKMET has no part of it....actually has us dry and milder next Saturday-Sunday and seems like an outlier. I think we stay cold, not sure about the storm at this time.

WX/PT

GGEM has us on the edge of the coastal on Thursday with some light snow. It also brings back the potential Miller A storm for next weekend (Sunday) moving it right through the benchmark, but it's a fast mover. I do not like hyping anything unless there are several models on board. Right now, the GGEM is alone for the weekend storm but if the Euro jumps on this, I'd say it's probably for real. UKMET has no part of it....actually has us dry and milder next Saturday-Sunday and seems like an outlier. I think we stay cold, not sure about the storm at this time.

WX/PT

any word on the euro?

Euro has a system at 168 hrs out but it is on the warmer side...

attachicon.gifecmwf_qpf_th500_neng_29.png

This solution is definitely wrong with the still -EPO pattern still in place. Toss it.  The 6Z GFS has the right idea, which is another snow to ice high end advisory event for early next week.  Go with that.....

The system to watch will be the one right after this . Sun Mon timetable . The THRS system trend could further N and could produce something very light on the coastal plain .

The pattern looks much better for the system after this one . 

The system to watch will be the one right after this . Sun Mon timetable . The THRS system trend could further N and could produce something very light on the coastal plain .

The pattern looks much better for the system after this one . 

That Sun into Monday storm looks to be a SWFE as of right now. Lets just hope we are cold enough.

Archived