Newest Member
    joxey
End of February/ Early March Discussion Thread 2015

Allsnow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You lucked out.

My parents honeymooned in Aruba in November 84'. They received there annual rainfall in a few days while they were there. 

We're planning on Hawaii which should be great weather in early August.

Unless you were me and my wife last August for our honeymoon.  Sitting on this forum watching model runs for Iselle and Julio. Luckily for us Iselle hit the big island the day before we were to land in Oahu and Julio passed to the North a few days later. One of the vendors I used for the wedding actually honeymooned in Hawaii during Iniki in 92. Said it was unreal and basically wasn't even forecasted to hit until 12 hours out. ..Hawaii is awesome by the way.  

I'm burned out weather wise. Haven't had a break from tracking in over a month. I'll still keep an eye on things but I'm just about ready for Spring.

Have to agree.  I've had my fill even if we don't see another flake, but I'm actually looking forward to a break from the non stop tracking. Even got my annual "drive through a storm" fix as we we were coming home from skiing Saturday evening. (daylight savings in less than 2 weeks-I hate that they moved to to March-always signaled spring for me and March 8th is not spring, but nontheless the later sunsets get me even more ready for spring)

Have to agree. I've had my fill even if we don't see another flake, but I'm actually looking forward to a break from the non stop tracking. Even got my annual "drive through a storm" fix as we we were coming home from skiing Saturday evening. (daylight savings in less than 2 weeks-I hate that they moved to to March-always signaled spring for me and March 8th is not spring, but nontheless the later sunsets get me even more ready for spring)

Daylight savings time can't come soon enough

I looked at the last 3 NAM runs. If you look closely the last 2 runs came in closer for 12z Thursday. Something to watch to see if each run keeps coming a little closer. 12z GGEM wasn't that far away for Thursday morning too. Does anybody think this has a chance? I'm interested in how each NAM run creeps a little closer.

I looked at the last 3 NAM runs. If you look closely the last 2 runs came in closer for 12z Thursday. Something to watch to see if each run keeps coming a little closer. 12z GGEM wasn't that far away for Thursday morning too. Does anybody think this has a chance? I'm interested in how each NAM run creeps a little closer.

I doubt it'll be anything worthwhile. Euro barely has anything.

No, it's over, stick a fork in it

it's not enough...we're 48-72 hours out, would have needed to see larger changes at this juncture.  Sure a miracle can happen, but we're at 1/25/00 type stuff now versus the normal correct north a few days out....

it's not enough...we're 48-72 hours out, would have needed to see larger changes at this juncture. Sure a miracle can happen, but we're at 1/25/00 type stuff now versus the normal correct north a few days out....

Outside of maybe extreme eastern Long Island, this one is a total non event for our area

You don't seriously think there is going to be a miracle and it's going to suddenly jump far enough north to give us a snowstorm right? You don't really believe that's going to happen?

Why do you feel that this winter is over? If we had warmth modeled to surge northward within a matter of a few days or so, I would agree. However, if our problem is the suppression of systems, it is still very much winter and things could change in a matter of one or two model runs

You don't seriously think there is going to be a miracle and it's going to suddenly jump far enough north to give us a snowstorm right? You don't really believe that's going to happen?

The 12z NAM almost brushes southern NJ coast with some light snow, so it's not like it needs a HUGE jump north. Since the last 2 runs came considerably closer, its something to keep an eye on. If the NAM stops trending closer tonight, then its probably over. I would agree that we would probably need some good changes by tonight.

Why do you feel that this winter is over? If we had warmth modeled to surge northward within a matter of a few days or so, I would agree. However, if our problem is the suppression of systems, it is still very much winter and things could change in a matter of one or two model runs

Where did I say winter is over? I said the thursday threat is over and that's all I said. I can't believe people actually think it's going to pull off a miracle and suddenly come far enough north at the last second to give us a snowstorm. It's just mind boggling

You lucked out.

My parents honeymooned in Aruba in November 84'. They received there annual rainfall in a few days while they were there.

We're planning on Hawaii which should be great weather in early August.

Hawaii is awesome honeymooned there in April of 2004 had a great time! You guys will love it!!!

Archived