joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
End of February/ Early March Discussion Thread 2015

Allsnow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the ratios look great due to the proximity to the Arctic front and thicknesses.

Absolutely , it is all through Minus 10 air , so the 10 to 1 snow maps will be under done . But I will wana wait to see if the whole piece comes out .

If it does it will spread NW as well

Absolutely , it is all through Minus 10 air , so the 10 to 1 snow maps will be under done . But I will wana wait to see if the whole piece comes out .

If it does it will spread NW as well

Record lows would also be challenged Friday morning at the airport sites with  Arctic CAA over a fresh snowpack.

EWR

3/6

12 in 2007

12 in 1948

13 in 1978

Looks like you called tues and thurs, so early guarded congrats. But it looks like after thursday, that's it, we better enjoy it. A full scale breakdown looks to be coming, but you called that too so...

I hope Thursday crushes us and then the pattrern can go to crap. NYC now has an outside chance of hitting 40 inches for the winter, which is an insane turnaround considering we we're talking record LOW figures in January.

Looks like you called tues and thurs, so early guarded congrats. But it looks like after thursday, that's it, we better enjoy it. A full scale breakdown looks to be coming, but you called that too so...

That `s it  you %$^&* up the JU JU it`s done .  Long way to go . This could easily end up S E  because the push of HP is strong .

What may save all of us , is there is a SE ridge . So it comes S and then LP has to ride the Baroclinic zone .'

How much energy comes out ?

Where is that BZ ?

850s KNYC

Hour 84  -  6 - 8

Hour 90  - 12 -14

Hour 96  - 16 -18

This is why I like higher ratio`s .  But very early for this stuff .

I hope Thursday crushes us and then the pattrern can go to crap. NYC now has an outside chance of hitting 40 inches for the winter, which is an insane turnaround considering we we're talking record LOW figures in January.

I agree . Lets get 1 big one for everyone  , then send the pattern on it`s way and be done .

Whatever happens on Thursday is highly speculative right now.

If the cold press happens to end up stronger, which has been the case this winter than we're not going to get much.

Best case scenario has a huge upside though if everything works out because it would literally be a firehouse of moisture into very cold air. We could easily see a foot plus in a best case scenario.

The gradient would be narrow as well so there's huge bust potential too. We need another day to see if this is for real.

Whatever happens on Thursday is highly speculative right now.

If the cold press happens to end up stronger, which has been the case this winter than we're not going to get much.

Best case scenario has a huge upside though if everything works out because it would literally be a firehouse of moisture into very cold air. We could easily see a foot plus in a best case scenario.

The gradient would be narrow as well so there's huge bust potential too. We need another day to see if this is for real.

Wherever it decides to hit it's going to be real big imo. Could easily be a foot of snow

if this storm pans out and i see another 6+ storm i can honestly say with the combo of cold and snow which would be 55+ inches this would be one of my favorite winters in a long time...remerkable considering i had about 3.5 inches of snow total on jan 20th before evrything chaned

0z NAM would be a crush job for all .

Sim radar at 84 looks amazing, the NAM has a lot of precipitation north of the 850 OC line, with all the support it now has I'm starting to get a little excited for the potential here. It's still warm at 84 verbatim but the front is still pressing south.

I'm driving to Florida Tuesday...I hope to dodge precipitation along the way...I think I will be in the clear until I get to Richmond...It should be rain down there as I pass thru...I'll miss two possible snowfalls and a thaw...When I return in two weeks it will probably snow again...I need the rest...I'm getting to old for this ...

Archived