Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
End of February/ Early March Discussion Thread 2015

Allsnow

What's the euro show for it??

Conservative maps are 4 to 6 from KNYC S  . That wave will come out of the Tenn Valley to the Delmarva .

I think it will look better tomorrow than it does today , which looks a lot better than yesterday

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calling ALL SNOW Calling ALL SNOW , you are going to like wave 3 my man .

One of those rare instances where you are rooting on the stronger SE Ridge that the Euro is showing so

the overruning boundary stalls out closer to us. I generally like shading closer to  the Euro idea since the GFS 

tends flatten the SE Ridge out too much. 

One of those rare instances where you are rooting on the stronger SE Ridge that the Euro is showing so

the overruning boundary stalls out closer to us. I generally like shading closer to  the Euro idea since the GFS 

tends flatten the SE Ridge out too much. 

attachicon.gifecmwf_z500a_eus_5.png

attachicon.gifgfs_z500a_eus_17.png

100 % correct . If there is more energy you will get a little bit more of a neg tilt . The arctic front can only push S so far , so if there is a SE ridge it will force this N .

I think SLP forms in Tenn Valley and runs to the Delmarva

ICE in NWNJ LHV and Westchester , There the BL is 32 or lower its plus 5 at 850 and .4 falls .

The UKMET looks colder .

Wow got to imagine NYC doesn't

Get out of the 30s Wed with that, or does it warm after? Sounds like much less qpf now too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow got to imagine NYC doesn't

Get out of the 30s Wed with that, or does it warm after? Sounds like much less qpf now too?

Sent from my iPhone

At hour 66 its 36 at KNYC while ICE is going off NW . The City gets to 45 eventually after the precip leaves and then cools right back down in time for wave 3

100 % correct . If there is more energy you will get a little bit more of a neg tilt . The arctic front can only push S so far , so if there is a SE ridge it will force this N .

I think SLP forms in Tenn Valley and runs to the Delmarva

That 200KT jet entrance region is impressive for an overruning snow event.

eps agrees with the euro…but that has not been a lock at all this winter. The flood threat for Wed is absolutely gone now, very little rain is going to fall. 

Wait , we were promised a rainstorm . THIS time they were certain . " 1st time I am humping a rainstorm "

Really the second , but yes the pattern is too cold and the BL can not get out of the way as fast at the 850s rip over head .

This almost has a Feb 94 overruning feel to it today as the Euro is modeling it.

And that was also late innings in a record cold pattern.

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/NARR/1994/us0209.php

This one has the look of the Primary cutting further W . But CAD is getting more impressive . It is getting colder at the surface and the 18z NAM has snow not ice on the front end .

Then we wait for wave 3  . If its there .

Archived