• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 20th-21st Winter Storm OBS/Discussion

LithiaWx

I don't know what to think of this storm. Models look bleh while my NWS forecast states "Heavy snow accumulation possible." 99% of the time it's the other way around.

I completely agree. People are asking me what to expect. Models really don't show much but nws has continually said 1-3 for my area. Maybe a suprise is in store!

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds about right.

:yikes:

Oh, yes.

Yeah, 1" to 0.33".  Toss.  Hug whatever model shows us the goods.

Actually, though, the SREFs are kind of weird.  Mean QPF is pretty good.  0.25" QPF prior to 06z, which you would think would be SN/IP/ZR, realistically.  I'm not sure what the model actually shows, though.  Looks like it takes us above freezing mid-morning on Saturday, which seems ridiculous at this point.

We'll see what the NAM shows.

Good point.  Same here for Hickory.  If that cold air hangs around as long as GSP is calling for, or even longer as they mentioned, there's a good chance more of that precip falls as something frozen.

Whichever model had the least.  Maybe the Euro.  Frankly, this is a lot different setup, though, so I am not sure if it's relevant.  We mainly need to get the precip south enough to even worry about amounts.  I'm not sure which model did the best with the track last storm.

Okay thanks for the information. 

Archived