joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 17-18 Event

moneypitmike

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's so bad in that Norwell/Marshfield area etc the car dealers cannot deliver cars for at least a week as they cannot find and identify them to even shovel them out. 

It's passing ludicrous levels even down here now.  I was just out with the kiddos feeding birds and clearing the driveway.  Snow is mid-thigh here and as Scott says it's not the foo foo stuff beyond the top fluff.  I've never seen anything like it.

These ULL's mean business.

Went for a snowshoe yesterday in Marshfield, settled depth in open areas was 33-36". Best I found in an area not obviously a drift was in the low 40s.

Definitely a layer of crust in there as well, was trying to clean off my gas meter for the umpteenth time today and about halfway down in the pack there's a layer that's frozen solid.

4" new today estimated, but pure fluff. 

Went for a snowshoe yesterday in Marshfield, settled depth in open areas was 33-36". Best I found in an area not obviously a drift was in the low 40s.

Definitely a layer of crust in there as well, was trying to clean off my gas meter for the umpteenth time today and about halfway down in the pack there's a layer that's frozen solid.

4" new today estimated, but pure fluff. 

My folks have over 40 easily OTG. It's super impressive...seems like more water content there, esp from storms after the Jan blizzard.

It's all due to verification. They get graded by big brother..and when there's no advisory and places get advisory amounts..they never, ever post them. That way they can verify 

Actually big brother doesn't care about advisory events. Only warnings.

Internally they may keep track, but officially we're graded on warning events only.

Definitely an epic winter in progress for ORH eastward in eastern SNE. 

Where there's light snow on the radar right now is where the "seasonal deformation" band is (good phrase coined by 40/70)... its like the stuff you usually see in the mountains with persistent snow at any excuse possible has relocated to the coastal plain.  Its the little stuff that makes it so special.

feb17_bos_special_winter_zps5iat5zij.gif

Archived