joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 15-16th Storm Potential

Chicago Storm

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many consecutive runs would have to show this before I actually started believing it?  I would say at least 6, maybe 8...with solid model consensus. 

However, as noted in the long range thread, this really is the only type of setup that yields major snow along the Ohio R...any signs of a stonger LP, even if it still looked like a hit for us, would obviously be the precursor to some bad news.

At this point, given the lack of ridging over the east coast I cant see this cutting too far NW. With that said, I don't think I would want to be south of I-70.

It's safe to rule out a MSP/daddylonglegs special, but I think everyone in the lower lakes/Ohio Valley is certainly in the game...

No shortage of precipitation, overall, on the 12z GFS.

attachicon.gifgfs qpf.gif

attachicon.gifgfs snow.gif

Anyways yeah...probably know where this one is headed.  <_<

Probably safe to assume that this will be on for awhile... I like the setup though, but likely wont pay too much attention until saturday-ish. Too many moving parts out in front at the moment.

post-5544-0-77867700-1423676004_thumb.jp

Is this going to be from that huge low in the Pacific, that had winds affecting both Hawaii and the Aleutians at the same time?   

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/isobaric/850hPa/orthographic=-143.85,35.63,671

(Time sensitive)

The above is awesome site.  If you move the globe you can also see the low off the Eastern Seaboard in the Atlantic.

250 jet goes bonkers over OV @ H162 via the 12Z GFS....couple of good images in previous hours too back into Chicago....

this should be fun to watch unfold

Yes, this is something that bears watching..... 

Is this going to be from that huge low in the Pacific, that had winds affecting both Hawaii and the Aleutians at the same time?

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/isobaric/850hPa/orthographic=-143.85,35.63,671

(Time sensitive)

The above is awesome site. If you move the globe you can also see the low off the Eastern Seaboard in the Atlantic.

OT but I think it is odd that the river in North America they show is the missouri instead of the Mississippi.

Track differences aside, pretty good agreement on there being a storm in this period.

That's about all we can realistically say from this time period. Would love to have a central MO/IL/IN/Ohio special but I have my doubts at the moment.  Will be interesting to watch the lake snows and this system develop here on out.

Archived