Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes this. 

Of course it just adds to the hype.  But these charts scream this kind of potential.  Feb 2006 in NYC, Westchester, and Fairfield.  Forecasted QPF was similar.  Broke the all-time snowfall record.

Larry Cosgrove was posting about this on one of my FB status updates RE the storm.......when I asked him to put numbers to his cautions of T-snow, he said "10-16", with an additional 6-10" if you get under convection"...

There is gonna be an inv trough as the low develops and the strong s/w energy causes a hang back of lower pressure. But the other guidance develops the low such that it becomes a more classic low pressure.

I can't stand those things.

9/10 times it's the model's way of trying to deconstruct a $hit load of potential.

Lol, just last week we were looking at how the Ukie was leading even the Euro so far this year in terms of verification.

It's always been a good model, but that has never stopped it from going bat$hit from time to time....model turrets syndrome.

Just because it outscores all of the others in the timing of dust storms in Ghana doesn't mean it's right then it has a seizure. 

Archived