Newest Member
    joxey
Epic/Historic Snow Cover Picture Thread

Mr. Windcredible!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot about this. I made a video of my street a few days after the VD storm in Feb. Mind you it's supposed to be two lanes. Ahh memories.

https://www.facebook.com/scott.nogueira/videos/10206174404903573/?l=3871848846832007691

Except for all the signs of civilization, that could be a woods road in N.Maine, where a driver should always be looking for a bolt-hole in case he meets a log truck.  One also needs to know how to back up for long distances.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From what? I'm not going blindly into this winter like so many of you on here thinking another snowy , volatile winter is on its way. We know what strong raging Ninos do to our winters. Best to go into it thinking warm and rainy

Who is going in thinking snow and volatile? LOL. Personally I feel near normal climo is a good starting point for my area. Not because it's easy to default to normal (sometimes normal is the average of extremes around here), but because I sort of like that number as a starting point. It's all speculation at this stage..but based on my early educated guess...I'm not thinking a clunker here. Of course I could be wrong, but that is my guess. You have a much better chance of beating me this winter, that's for sure.

Who is going in thinking snow and volatile? LOL. Personally I feel near normal climo is a good starting point for my area. Not because it's easy to default to normal (sometimes normal is the average of extremes around here), but because I sort of like that number as a starting point. It's all speculation at this stage..but based on my early educated guess...I'm not thinking a clunker here. Of course I could be wrong, but that is my guess. You have a much better chance of beating me this winter, that's for sure.

I respect your thoughts for sure and hope you are right. As of now.. If the Nino is strong west or east based I'm thinking less than 30 inches here IMBY

I respect your thoughts for sure and hope you are right. As of now.. If the Nino is strong west or east based I'm thinking less than 30 inches here IMBY

Well regardless of whether it's ever happened or not .. There is a high probability of a crapper of a winter

"High probability"....where do the stats support this claim?  What is telling you that there is like a 70% or more chance of a crapper of a winter? 

You could clear your 30" guess in one big El Nino QPF bomb of a winter storm.  I would find some irony though if you get only one warning criteria event next winter, but it happens to be 36" of paste, eclipsing your "less than 30 inches" claim in one swoop.

"High probability"....where do the stats support this claim? What is telling you that there is like a 70% or more chance of a crapper of a winter?

You could clear your 30" guess in one big El Nino QPF bomb of a winter storm. I would find some irony though if you get only one warning criteria event next winter, but it happens to be 36" of paste, eclipsing your "less than 30 inches" claim in one swoop.

Exactly.

Inland and elevated are going to thump at some point with a raging stj.

The coast may have problems

I have 2 that are full of flowers..and 3 that do not have 1 flower. One of them is a couple down on the left in that picture. No rhyme or reason to it. This after last summer not having any of them bloom

My mom has some at our summer place in PA that are like that...some years they are filled with blossoms, then they don't bloom for years despite application of acidifiers and fertilizer. However, the hydrangea in Dobbs Ferry bloom prolifically every year. Weird plant, no rhyme or reason as you say.

Gotta say that looking at those pictures today reminded me that summer doesn't last forever! Yeah, and it hasn't been that bad (yet).

If we have a super nino I may be waiting a long time before I see anything like what we had on the ground last year again, but I'm old enough to remember a few epic winters.

Here's hoping that the nino isn't super and that it locates itself right where we need it for next winter.

• 3 months later...

Archived