Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought i was right on that one...LOL

Here's my hometown back in January--wasn't much--a little over 4 inches at IAD.. this would be really nice to see down here.

It can snow here, too! :yikes: (this is actually my video with 8" on the ground on Fab Feb 13, 2014)

More for your area (though closer to CLT), this is a nice series of videos from the shellacking in Fab Feb 2004.

What awful trends of the GFS today, the 12z and 18z both flattened the west coast ridge more and more.  Oh well, tracegate in full effect.

SuperJames - I really don't remember what it's like to have a snowstorm and it maybe atleast another year before we do.  LOL.

What awful trends of the GFS today, the 12z and 18z both flattened the west coast ridge more and more.  Oh well, tracegate in full effect.

SuperJames - I really don't remember what it's like to have a snowstorm and it maybe atleast another year before we do.  LOL.

We need to take a 20 person road trip to somewhere this season and see some damn snow!!

:snowing:  :lmao:

Long way to Boston, that's about the only place you can guarantee will get a snow event about 5 days.

loll true.

Looks like the southern tier in NY state will do well with this storm. I remember when i lived near Winchester i could get to the NY state line in a little over 4 hours.

Of course, i cant do any northern cities in less than a full day now..lol

Still 6 days out. How many times have we seen a potential storm look bad like this in the 7 to 5 day range only to get better inside 5 days? Happens all the time. Happened with the storm last Feb.

And if this one doesn't work out it doesn't mean next week won't.

the things that are causing the non-event are showing up much earlier than 5 days out in the runs.

The models have been too inconsistent for me to take anything seriously at this point. If you take a look at where they've been for this storm (Feb 6), it's been all over the place. We will see where they take us over the next few days. 

Like many I've seen on here in the many years say, don't take every single model run and think that is the way it is going to happen. This could stay the way it is currently modeled, but could change in our favor, or trend worse. We will see.

Guys, until we see some blocking....write it off..im not cliffdiving, thats never wise in the SE, anything can happen! But until a better pattern sets up my chips are off the table. Oh an next weeks storm......um yeah..not happening!!! NO BLOCKING=NO SNOW PERIOD

not true, but ok.

The models have been too inconsistent for me to take anything seriously at this point. If you take a look at where they've been for this storm (Feb 6), it's been all over the place. We will see where they take us over the next few days.

Like many I've seen on here in the many years say, don't take every single model run and think that is the way it is going to happen. This could stay the way it is currently modeled, but could change in our favor, or trend worse. We will see.

That's what I'm talking about! The models this far out have been horrible all winter. We have some bad runs and everyone Wants to take them as gospel and forget about the good runs.

Archived