joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant really get into severe weather or hurricanes for some reason. Im basically just a 'Winter' weather dude...LOL

I was stationed at Fort Polk during the storm. We done search an rescue in conjunction with Barksdale AFB and of coarse the coast guard. Communication was a major problem during that storm. Worst destruction ive seen in my life!!! Hope i never see it again.

I was stationed at Fort Polk during the storm. We done search an rescue in conjunction with Barksdale AFB and of coarse the coast guard. Communication was a major problem during that storm. Worst destruction ive seen in my life!!! Hope i never see it again.

Yeah, nothing positive can come from a Hurricane. Just destruction. Snow is a little different. Less damaging, and really cool to track.

Yeah, nothing positive can come from a Hurricane. Just destruction. Snow is a little different. Less damaging, and really cool to track.

Me too, its awesome watching the pressure drop to Hurricane levels.

Edit: lol Ment to say, i enjoy tracking snowstorms myself. Plus i really enjoy learning new things, especially weather.

How awesomely true. Just wished folks that don't live through them and the threat of them really understood roofs off, roofs that leak, trees down everywhere, no electricity for days (and ergo no A/C in August or September with temps after over 90 and Rh at 110%)... Yes maybe fun to look at on a map but - give me snow or ice and shut me down - 'least I have a fireplace .....

How awesomely true. Just wished folks that don't live through them and the threat of them really understood roofs off, roofs that leak, trees down everywhere, no electricity for days (and ergo no A/C in August or September with temps after over 90 and Rh at 110%)... Yes maybe fun to look at on a map but - give me snow or ice and shut me down - 'least I have a fireplace .....

Yep.

Plus, you don't have to leave your home for a snowstorm...lol

Well if Fab Feb doesnt deliver, theres always the slime chance of "Maybe late than never March, like the snowstorm of March 09! 11 inches in Spartanburg. Nothing better than a Thundersnow storm.

Never experienced thundersnow, sounds cool.

I am banking on Faltering Feb and Melting March with early spring.

Go Seahawks!

I'm such a wuss. I drove all the way to Ohio and as soon as it started snowing I started driving back south because I got scared I would be stranded. Anyway, I'm in Crossville, TN tonight. Anyone thjnk this area could get some flurry action tonight ?

Haha.. thats cool man. Better to be safe. Don't know about any flakes there tonight tho.

Well if Fab Feb doesnt deliver, theres always the slime chance of "Maybe late than never March, like the snowstorm of March 09! 11 inches in Spartanburg. Nothing better than a Thundersnow storm.

11 inches?? Wow, thats pretty awesome.

Well that was my backyard measurement, But the consensus average along the I-85 corridor in upstate SC was at least 6'' throughout

I'm such a wuss. I drove all the way to Ohio and as soon as it started snowing I started driving back south because I got scared I would be stranded. Anyway, I'm in Crossville, TN tonight. Anyone thjnk this area could get some flurry action tonight ?

Better to be safe than sorry man. NGA looks to get some light snow, starting in the morning around five, lasting into Monday night. Nothing major thou something to consider. Be safe, God bless.

You serious, Clark? No way you were going to get stranded in Ohio. When did you need to be back in GA?

You serious, Clark? No way you were going to get stranded in Ohio. When did you need to be back in GA?

Saturday lol. On the plus side, I did see huge piles of snow everywhere from past storms  :whistle:

I got as far as 15 miles south of Lima and turned around. Anyway, I'm hoping that I see some flakes tonight in Crossville.

Archived