joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am all in.....on the shutout. I am in to big a hole, we need this to miss. Pattrrn goes to crap for atleast a week after this miss too.

I had a dusting(x's 3) back in November, so I am out for the shutout   :(    

I'm in for the 6th because....well....I haven't been in all winter and going by what seems to be the pattern so far this winter, it's the best mby has had to look at and might be the one "chance" I get all winter   :lol:   

The mood on the board with the back and forth reminds me a lot of the mood before the storm last Feb 13. It looked good 10 days out, then faltered between 7 and 5 days, and then came back strong and we got a good snowstorm.

Everything seems reminds you of something that led to a good snowstorm.  Even phantom analogs aren't working this year.

LOL...good one. How those Feb analogs working out.

Care to elaborate on what's so funny? We've had 4 trace events in Raleigh since the start of the winter, a trace of snow is actually when snow falls but fails to accumulate to .1 of an inch, that's not a "shut-out" no matter what your convoluted opinion of it may be. The pattern over the next few weeks is going virtually as expected from ENSO composites, warmer to the north & west, cooler/wetter down to the southeast & on the eastern seaboard.

This past January as we observed w/ December started off the month closely tracking the +Neutral-Weak El Nino composites & then faded to a traditional El Nino look, even if that occurs for a third time in February, the end result in terms of temperature distribution is hardly going to change since all of the composites (regardless of intensity/placement) have the core of the cold in the southeastern US & on the eastern seaboard, w/ residual warmth along & west of the Rockies...

Weatherbell-US-temps-Jan-1-31-2015-1024x

US-Winter-Monthly-Temps-DJF-El-Nino-Plac

I only remember one map being produced this winter by RAH for a winter event, and that was last week, and it didn't show anything for Raleigh.

Check out the daily data for a month under the NWS NOWData. The 4 trace events are there for both the Raleigh Area & RDU International

http://www.weather.gov/climate/xmacis.php?wfo=rah

I will.  This is the banter thread.  Stop trying to turn it into a pattern analysis annex. It's funny to watch but getting a bit old.

Umm, ok...? I'm just presenting facts that completely eradicate Pack's claims & he asked me how the February analogs were doing, & I answered, then he preceded to laugh @ my previous comment & I asked a simple question why it was so funny. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that

Archived