joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential coastal storm 1/26-28

robertgny

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting I've seen this type of depiction several days ago on some of the models and then they showed more a clipper/miller B redeveloper only to come back to this again.

It's the Nam but it does support the Euro, Gfs will be interesting though not surprised if it's last to the party as usual. I would love to at least be on LI for this they would get hammered and of course SNE.

Not too shabby eh? 6" for the city, 10-15+ for LI and 2'+ for SNE....long range NAM that supports the euro is a more significant long range NAM run.....I hope this isn't a real teaser

The Jersey counties on the shore would be hit hard as well!!

Rossi

Anything for North and west of nyc? If so how far

Taking the NAM as is (and the euro really), it's a NYC east special (northern suburbs are 6" or so as well, but not those fee NA suburbs)....and really a LI/SNE major snowstorm....it's so far out though and things are bound to change bigtime

It's the NAM, guys... :axe:

The negatively tilting upper low might bring the low back for eastern New England but it's probably a stretch that the NYC area would see very much. Maybe eastern Long Island is a different story. Remember how progressive the pattern is.

It's also a highly amplified pattern under a favorable MJO regime and Pacific pattern. It doesn't look that progressive to me.

The negatively tilting upper low might bring the low back for eastern New England but it's probably a stretch that the NYC area would see very much. Maybe eastern Long Island is a different story. Remember how progressive the pattern is. 

It cuts off and moves NW..I have seen many major systems do this that effect Long Island..not to say it's correct,but with euro and now NAM on board it does spark my interest lol

and it has support from the best model on planet earth...both those models show a good snowstorm for nyc and a blizzard for pretty much all of Li and sne...

Anything for North and west of nyc? If so how far

As it stands now NW of NYC on the fringe withe more significant stuff NYC and points. To the east and NE. A slight shift west would bring more substantial snow threat further west but I would not expect a large shift west. This looks like a classic LI SNE blizzard if NAm / Euro are correct.

and it has support from the best model on planet earth...both those models show a good snowstorm for nyc and a blizzard for pretty much all of Li and sne...

I think we all sort of knew we had to get through today to get a handle on Monday. Since today is getting out quicker, Monday has more of a shot. Timing is everything with 2 systems interfering or not. Trends are good right now.

wow down right blizzard for us

Just remember that NAM is a piece of garbage. At least we have the Euro on this which is good. But the NAM catching up on this so quickly makes me nervous--it could be a signal that the Euro (the best model) would drop it. If the Euro sees the NAM doing this, it will want NO part of this storm!!....lol. Guilt by association.

WX/PT

Archived