• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 25-26th Clipper

wisconsinwx

Wow. Early start. Seems there has been an uptick in the possibilities for our area.

Early and south sure have been the trends to ride with clippers this year. Final call still looking decent.

The minor pivot point signal has been there for a while now which is nice and will help a bit with duration. Ratios are destined to be 9-11:1 so that sucks and LE still looks like an outside shot, although a couple more shifts south could help there.

EDIT: LOT disco hedging pretty hard on west/south solutions and it's hard to disagree with their reasoning

THESE NORTHWEST SYSTEMS HAVE HAD A

TENDENCY TO TRACK FURTHER SOUTH OR SOUTH AND WEST THAN DEPICTED

AHEAD OF TIME SO WILL NEED TO KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON THE WAVE AS IT

MOVES ONSHORE OVER BRITISH COLUMBIA LATER TONIGHT

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Early and south sure have been the trends to ride with clippers this year. Final call still looking decent.

The minor pivot point signal has been there for a while now which is nice and will help a bit with duration. Ratios are destined to be 9-11:1 so that sucks and LE still looks like an outside shot, although a couple more shifts south could help there.

EDIT: LOT disco hedging pretty hard on west/south solutions and it's hard to disagree with their reasoning

DTX said you guys are money for this clipper. There was partial sampling last night, and there should be full sampling for the 12z runs...

I said earlier that I would wait a few more cycles, but instead I'll go ahead and punt the possibility of anything climatic happening now. Another nuisance 1-4" looks lke a fair and final expectation here. The trend this season with these nickel and dime clippers can't be denied...

Lol now gfs has 0.2" qpf with temps in the upper teens and low 20s during the clipper. So much for rain mixing in worries. More powder on the way.

Not necessarily...

As always, it's going to depend on the ratios (which are almost always unimpressive with these clippers away from the best forcing). Assuming average ratios, the GFS would suggest only 2" to 2.5"" of snow total.

I'm betting it's going to be another granulated sweetener special, if anything.

Not necessarily...

As always, it's going to depend on the ratios (which are almost always unimpressive with these clippers away from the best forcing). Assuming average ratios, the GFS would suggest only 2" to 2.5"" of snow total.

I'm betting it's going to be another granulated sweetener special, if anything.

But thats powder. Now whether its fluffy powder or sugary powder is tbd, but if its well into the 20s powder is a lock. And if its not going to be a bonafide pasting, adding more powder to the powder pack is fine with me. You on the other hand may want to hibernate til Monday :lol:

6z GFS now back up to 0.44" liquid down here at VPZ.  Likely all snow, but as others have said, with lousy ratios as far as Clippers go.

Gotta head out to class so not too much time to look at it but quick look says by the time cold air arrives for sufficient delta T's for LES, low-level shear becomes prohibitive.  Pretty bearish on anything more than lingering mood flakes attm.  Will look more later.

But thats powder. Now whether its fluffy powder or sugary powder is tbd, but if its well into the 20s powder is a lock. And if its not going to be a bonafide pasting, adding more powder to the powder pack is fine with me. You on the other hand may want to hibernate til Monday :lol:

Too bad that powder will all melt by mid next week, I used to prefer powder, but thanks partially to Bowme I now prefer pastings.

12z NAM still not as far south/west as the Euro. Of course the EC seems to be the outlier. Both models do agree on some 0.50"+ precipitation totals for parts of NE Indiana and then continuing through Ohio.

Either way, it's another cold rainer for LAF...with maybe some consolation flakes at the tail end.

Good luck to those up north and east. :)

12z NAM 36 hour total QPF through 12z Monday:

The greater digging from the 12z GFS puts the best precip band right across Iowa, but there's a big dry hole over the state on the snow map because the surface temp is just too warm.  I may end up with an inch or two of slop rather than the nothing I had been expecting(which is fine because it'll be nice to see some snow again).

Trend certainly looks like my friend...right now anyways. I guess we'll see. 

Looking a little more interesting for us, sans NAM.  I'd hedge north for best totals at this time but another south shift would put us in a better spot. 

Still thinking there could be a band of advisory criteria snows.

Archived