• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/7 - 1/9 Clipper system

SpartyOn

true for snowfall and winds in congruence....but certainly plenty of hours to still blow around a few inches of freshly fallen fluff

you catch the sunrise on the lake this morning?  Looked pretty sweet from out here

i catch it every morning...it's always stunning. My bus ride down LSD at sunrise is one of the best parts of my day.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i catch it every morning...it's always stunning. My bus ride down LSD at sunrise is one of the best parts of my day.

nice....couldn't remember which direction the commute was for you...geography/subdivision layout impedes many of the sunrises here for me....but sometimes they time out nicely to reveal a nice one...

as has been depicted to one extent or another via most models...13Z HRRR keeping up with the theme of a squally line followed by some wind whipped snow globe accums

nice....couldn't remember which direction the commute was for you...geography/subdivision layout impedes many of the sunrises here for me....but sometimes they time out nicely to reveal a nice one...

as has been depicted to one extent or another via most models...13Z HRRR keeping up with the theme of a squally line followed by some wind shipped snow globe accums

I ride from Foster and LSD express south down LSD and get off on upper Wacker. 

This whole precip area on the backside is so ragged looking. Not sure it's going to come together here. We'll see. Ripping good at times, then stops completely, then rips again. Lowering expectations. South and east will do good.

But hey, it's 5 above zero. Score!

Yeah, its been fairly intermittent this morning....Should see it pick up for a time early this afternoon as the surface trough and 500mb shortwave push through.

Might be a little overdone, and a little too "smoothed out"...but here's the 12z NAM 18 hour total snowfall (thru 6z 1/9). Light blue starts the 3" line.

attachicon.gifUSA_ASNOWIPER_sfc_018.gif

I think the thing to watch for us is whether we get anything out of the initial batch crossing the MS River or if the dry layer wins out.  If we don't, then we may have trouble getting to 1".

Got lucky the other day with 5 inches of snow down here in the ne Indy metro. Don't think this next clipper will be significant this far south, but if we do get anything it will just slicken up the roads to a  skating rink given these temps.  Sometimes a dusting can be worse for traffic than a heavier snowfall.

You have to use some imagination here :lol: , but sorta looks like a bow echo going through S WI, N IL, and NW IN on the 12z RGEM. I mean it's not, but just looks fun...if true.

Kind of looks that way on the radar mosaic too lol.  Going to be interesting to see how this holds together as it moves through IL and IN. SPC hourly meso page has snow being reported as far south as extreme northern MO, don't know how accurate that is though..  As Hoosier said we'll have to see if the dry air wins out, but if it holds together locations along and north of Hwy's 26-28 in north central IN could see a quick inch or so as it screams by.  Will definitely make the roads even worse than they are now around here.

It's early but have yet to see many gusts in IL.  Temps seem to be running a bit colder than progged by models there so perhaps a bit of a stable layer?  Gusts of 35-40+ mph are occurring in Iowa...

Edit:  never mind, obs I was looking at were older than I thought.  Seeing some modest gusts in Illinois now.

HRRR and RAP insistent on a whiff for here. Eh, it was kind of a longshot to begin with for the LAF.

Good luck to those up north. Hope there's some rip city moments.  :mapsnow:

RAP getting a little better with the 15z run bringing in just under .1 precip.  Still got work to do with the HRRR.

Archived