joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-2015 Pattern Discussion Thread II

JoshM

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry it took awhile to get the video up, just takes a while to make sure my maps look good for y'all.  The video is a bit shorter today as well.  Thanks everyone for liking my FB page and sharing the videos and the page with your friends. You can invite as many as y'all want.  :) Shameless plug.  I really think the pattern change is going to be very good.  There are some VERY encouraging sings to the models *both OP and ENS*  Enjoy!  Let me know what y'all think please.  More shout outs today as well.  Thanks for the help with the maps today as well.

https://www.facebook.com/ChriswxmanSimmons

50/50 low is much closer to SE Canada this run, which pushes 1030 mb high into New England and completely blocked our NYE low from cutting with assist from 1046 mb high in Upper Plains. As result, our NYE low is behaving like classic Miller A low and the cold is in place for this one :) Now, let get some consistence going...

Since the PARA and AO are popular topics, FWIW the PARA has kept the AO negative and at least been consistent when the normal GFS has been all over the place. Take a look at Dec 15th-20th and how the GFS vs PARA has done. Just an observation.

Regular GFS

IJ5dN7O.png

PARA

JMYBPyM.png

Jon, I appreciate your posts very informative keep up the good work!

Thanks man I appreciate it! :)

Edit: the cold is definitely more impressive on our side of the globe and the center of the core is more east for sure.... -26 at 850 in the hudson bay by 189. If this verifies we shouldn't have a problem with snow chances after 204....core of cold headed for hudson bay, exactly what we want. -30+ by 204, -36 by 240...

the cold is so freaking impressive that it suppresses the storm the last run had. This is a good sign though IMO, we could see a healthy mix of the two but I really like where the cold is centered.

Archived