• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & Fringes - December-January 2014-15

djr5001

New GFS coming in has more QPF and could be more indicative of a stripe of solid advisory snows (3-5ish) running through the middle of the state within a sizable area of a couple inches regionwide in the manner that CTP currently has their snow map. 0z NAM was unimpressed with a pretty light and diffuse area of snowfall. 

Also that late week southern stream system has been sneaking further up the eastern seaboard the last few model runs. Still pretty far away from impacting any portion of PA but may have to continue to watch. Otherwise i'm glad I stuck with what I said several days ago about us having to watch the northern stream for any snowfall around here this week.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big shift in the 0z Euro, turns that late week southern stream wave into a major coastal storm. 988 Low near VA beach fading to just outside of the benchmark and deepening into the 970s. Extreme southern Sus Valley near the PA/MD line (e.g. I-83Blizzard) sees a few tenths that is likely snow. Rest of the region little or no precip for now, but was pretty close to being a big storm for at least the southern parts of C-PA. 0z GFS and Canadian were further NW with this tonight as well, but not to the Euro's extent. Timeframe of this storm being around here is still in the 108-120hr realm.. so plenty of time for a further shift up or a return to being pressed out harmlessly. I'm not biting on this coming all the way up like that attm...but consider my attention had with this new Euro run. 

Well clipper starting to look bleh in a matter of a couple runs.

And we all knew you'd be the first to chime in.  :whistle:

00z GFS looked healthy, a nice stripe of >0.25" for most of CPA, a few spots at 0.50" showing up. 06z backed off a bit, 12z should be informative.  I like the setup...thinking AOO & UNV  see a nice 2-3". JST might be more like 3-5", IPT, MDT, LNS all 1-3".

All I said was 6z backed off, has anyone viewed the Euro, hearing it was a DC special.

I know, I'm just messing around.  :lol:

06z was not pretty for us for sure, but withholding judgment until at least this afternoon. I've seen clippers trend both good and bad within 12 hours too many times.

And we all knew you'd be the first to chime in. :whistle:

00z GFS looked healthy, a nice stripe of >0.25" for most of CPA, a few spots at 0.50" showing up. 06z backed off a bit, 12z should be informative. I like the setup...thinking AOO & UNV see a nice 2-3". JST might be more like 3-5", IPT, MDT, LNS all 1-3".

I like those numbers. Agree 100% regardless of what an off run of the GFS shows. I'll see if 12z throws any more screwballs before I think about changing up.

Last nights runs were something else. This weekend has my attention, but first things first, got to get through this clipper.

Wmsptwx I don't know that you need to go bullish (as this winter has been more like the running of the Bulls with the fast flow). I just think that the amount of volatility in each model run to date has been nothing short of mind boggling. Hopefully we are transitioning into a more stable regime (despite the NAO's disinterest in coming to the show). Here's to better times...hopefully starting tomorrow.

Nut

Archived