joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 9-10 Rainstorm with Ice N/W Obs

aldie 22

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This feels like it may start as snow here...obviously won't amount to anything and should transition quickly but still...just has that feel with the temps

my guess is, you will

heck, I might even have a chance at a start as snow since the cold source is to our NE, but prolly won't last long

nice practice though  :)

my guess is, you will

heck, I might even have a chance at a start as snow since the cold source is to our NE, but prolly won't last long

nice practice though  :)

With that really dry layer from 500-800mb, that suggests a FZDZ scenario with a lack of ice nuclei.  Maybe mixed with some sleet. 

I smell a lot of borderline temp storms on the horizon,,,,great for you, naso sure for me

when you think back, the bliz of 12/09 and the 1st 1 of 2/10 were warm....heck, even the 2nd big one in 2/10 was warm for round 1

My bushes and arborvitae remember :-(

it got to a high of 33 Friday 12/18 and the snow started that evening; 2/5/10 had a high of 35 degrees

my use of warm was relative to major snow events around here i.e. 1/30/10 was a cold storm with a high of 21 degrees

Ah, I get what you're comparing now.

The snow started on 12/18 when it was already below freezing, though, and the temp fell to 28 F at BWI within an hour of onset and then stayed in the mid-20's for the entire duration of the storm. I guess that might not be cold for a Baltimore-area storm, but for a DC major snowstorm, that definitely counts as on the colder side.

Archived