• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: End of Fall/Into Winter!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think BUF is going to bust with that WSW, this has mixed precip event written all over it unless you live close the L.Ontario shoreline.

Hm, well as of now their active product is currently still a watch. But the 12z NAM is backing off the warm solution and has the mix down to some initial snow pellets.

It hasn't looked like a truly major storm for Buffalo on any model for a couple of days now, but this is looking more likely than not to verify at minimal levels for warning criteria snow. Would it be a bust for six inches instead of eight, or five instead of nine? Maybe, but that's cutting it pretty fine.

There is really poor continuity ongoing in the snowfall maps from BGM.

BGM has their eastern counties at 10-14 inches; adjacent areas on the ALY maps are at 18-24 inches.

I'd take the under...;). 10-14 between now and Tuesday morning is probably reasonable, with 14-18 in the higher elevations of the Caskills. I know it's hard or not possible for their forecast graphics to show that sort of granularity.

Im in that little weenie 3-5" zone right along th south coast of RI while an hour NE in Boston, 18-25". It blows living on the coast

For a couple of years back in 03-04 I lived in Groton/New London CT...few times it would be pouring rain at home and snowing where I worked up north...sucked!

For a couple of years back in 03-04 I lived in Groton/New London CT...few times it would be pouring rain at home and snowing where I worked up north...sucked!

ya it absolutely blows. Trying to buy a house up north in NW Rhode Island where the average snowfall is more like 60" a season versus 25" here. Even this storm is gonna drop 4" here if I'm lucky while N Rhode Island could see well over a foot. Drives me nuts. I hate rain while others just north are pounding snow!

It's been snowing steadily here all evening. We're closing in on 3 inches and there's still plenty of returns upstream of us. The snow should continue most of the night so we could be up to 5 or 6 inches by morning. The 0z GFS brings the 850 freezing line close to us for a while tomorrow afternoon before it collapses back south. With the steadiest snow moving in tomorrow night and continuing most of the day Monday we could be getting close to a foot before it's over.

It's been snowing steadily here all evening. We're closing in on 3 inches and there's still plenty of returns upstream of us. The snow should continue most of the night so we could be up to 5 or 6 inches by morning. The 0z GFS brings the 850 freezing line close to us for a while tomorrow afternoon before it collapses back south. With the steadiest snow moving in tomorrow night and continuing most of the day Monday we could be getting close to a foot before it's over.

Nice, didn't even realize it was snowing that good over there.

I'm starting to get concerned for WNY as well. That 12" amt on Nam and GFS basically evaporated east to syracuse. Rochester still looks to get Winter Storm Warning totals, but closer 8 instead of 16- as was the thought earlier today and yesterday. Still time for changes. Long duration storm. Wish their was less ice on Lk Ontario. We wont get as much help as is typical. I did see the rgem loop, still showed lots of hvy stuff north of I90. fingers crossed.

Archived