Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter 2014-15 Short Term Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't like our chances with part II, but I just saw the regular 12z NAM clips us with it...after the whiff on part I. :arrowhead:

Several of the GFS ensemble members are farther north, almost like the NAM.  Obviously would rather be farther south for that part but still close enough to watch.

pretty dramatic numbers for 4 inch under soil on 11/14 (understandable given the current cold spell, but) ... this was the hourly reading at 10 AM CST...

attachicon.gif14NOV soil temps 4 inch.png

Yeah very impressive. I believe they were around 50 a week or two ago? Could drop another agree or two getting into the teens tonight out here. 

Looks like it's all or nothing for LAF with the late Sunday/early Monday event, because tonight/overnight is a non-starter. The Canadian cousins and GFS brothers are shutouts for here for part 2, with only the Euro and NAM giving a little love. So, my probability forecast for LAF with the second event...

66% chance of nothing

33% chance of something measurable

1% chance of a fluke (may or may not be based off the FIM or some other obscure model)

Sunday night/Monday looks pretty good for southern/central IN and OH...especially for a mid-November snow. Good luck to you all.

Archived