Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter 2014-15 Short Term Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WRT 11/15-11/16 event.... 1.8 for ORD....Pac moisture will be good for a bit over a tenth QPF...combo that with night time timing and decent ratios

That's what I got in my grid too; 1.8". Offices must be counting on those higher ratios. Can't remember an actual fluffy snow in November before.

Oooh, this is going to be good. Gilbertfly's 1.8" vs. A-L-E-K's .6". :jerry:

lol

he trends a bit conservative and I trend a bit weenie usually...If this were a daytime event I would prolly be closer to an inch (if not less considering where we are at on the calendar)...but given the fact that it is at night and that cold temps will have been around for a few days I will stick with my number for now...

Models seem to have more spread now than early yesterday. NAM and parallel GFS going more northerly with things tomorrow. Gotta love the agreement 24 hrs before the snow hits (insert sarcasm).

Yup. Barely mid-November and it has already started. 5 more months of this :lol:.

DTX still thinking about an inch tomorrow night...but Im not a fan of the dry, north NAM. Since this system has been shown it has shown that it would weaken in Michigan, but the more southern, slightly wetter GFS has been the most consistent.

It IS interesting though how robust the models are with LES early next week. Usually when they are that robust far out its a good sign.

An inch may be best case for LAF with the late Saturday/early Sunday snowfall. QPF getting sliced and diced on all guidance. 0z Euro and its ensembles are right around 0.5-0.6" total snowfall. Meh.

Yeah, not liking the trends with part 1.  However we still need to watch the second part for a possible northward shift. 

Archived