joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-2015 Pattern Discussion Thread I

LithiaWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In ATL it was mild a few days before the great Feb. 1979 sleetstorm, the infamous Snowjam 1982, and the frigid snowstorm of 3/2/1980. So, obviously that could happen again this winter. However, as cold dominant as this winter is expected to be and when considering the dailies of some of the cold Ninoish analog winters, I think it would be more likely to be in the midst of a near normal to cold period.

Then again, it's Atlanta, so chances are that it will be mild many times during the winter, and some of those times might be before major storms.

I'd rather have the roller coaster winter.  Gives the moisture and the cold air a chance to get close to each other....and, maybe hook up :)  Witness the recent Feb record cold that lasted over a week, and nary a flake fell, although it was in the 20's, low 30's for most day time highs and teens,  at night.  When it warmed up, it rained..or the rain made it warm up...or whatever.  Like coming up this week, some nice early cold coming down after a cold rain.  So, you do this every 6 to 10 days, and odds mount up, that they will match up, lol.

Now if you can get a cut off out in the Baha to send out some impulses into daytime highs in the 20's, that's something else.. but it doesn't happen so very often.  Mostly you get the cold chasing the rain, or vise versa, and you just hope the one can catch the other, and hold on :)   The roller coaster. T

just goes to show the volatile pattern that could be shaping up this winter. With all the teleconnections lining up this winter I don't think that's the only wild solution we will see portrayed this winter. I feel like something crazy is going to happen this winter (kind of already has Nov 1st, and the upcoming intense cold snap). It should be a very wild ride.

Yeah man! Congrats Florida!

I'm ready - through March. Let the train start rollin' down the track!

Once upon a time there was an engineer.

Drove a locomotive both far and near.

Accompanied by a monkey that would sit on a stool

Watching everything the engineer would do.

One day the engineer wanted a bite to eat,

He left the monkey sitting on the driver's seat,

The monkey pulled the throttle, the locomotive jumped the gun

And did 80 miles an hour down the mainline run.

Big locomotive right on time, big locomotive coming down the line.

Big locomotive no. 99, left the engineer with a worried mind.

The engineer called up the dispatcher on the phone,

To tell him all about his locomotive was gone.

Dispatcher got on the wire, switch operator to the right,

Cause the monkey's got the main line sewed up tight.

The switch operator got the message on time,

Said there's a northbound limited on the same main line,

Open up the switch I'm gonna let him through the hole,

Cause the monkey's got the locomotive under control.

If you pay for them, you should be able to post them or do whatever you choose with them.

That's not a valid argument. You pay for limited access, which can include stipulations. The same rules apply, e.g., to music from a music service. If I pay for Spotify (which I do -- it's great), I cannot then decrypt the cached files and share them on Bittorrent. That's against the terms of the product I'm getting from Spotify. I can also rent a house, but the terms may say that I cannot sublet. Even though I'm paying money and receiving exclusive use of the property, I still cannot go and do whatever I want with it.

Obviously, there's not a lot sites like Weatherbell can do about maps and data shared on social media or elsewhere, except to disable offending accounts, stop offering the service altogether, or prosecuting. Either way, if the membership rules say that the material is not to be shared, then good faith users would not share the images.

Archived