Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
November 2014 General Discussion

Geos

So missing this .....

Tropical Tidbits is temporarily offline while it is moved to a new server. It is currently anticipated that the website will be back up on or around November 27th. Thank you for your patience.

Yeah that is a pretty nicely done site.  Easy to use layout, and their radar simulations are pretty cool. 

EDIT:  Whoever built the new NCEP site a few years ago should have done something similar to this site.  The NCEP site is a joke compared to these newer sites.  The user interface is extremely dated IMO.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I will say...the steel gray skies, bare trees, and occasional flurries flying by in the brisk wind yesterday is the "postcard" November day imo. Just like a winter wonderland is the postcard for Dec-Feb. As much as I enjoyed our weeklong white deepfreeze, and as much as most of the public loves those sunny Indian Summer days in the 60s you get a few of most Novembers, nothing screams "November" like a day like yesterday, in my opinion.

One thing I will say...the steel gray skies, bare trees, and occasional flurries flying by in the brisk wind yesterday is the "postcard" November day imo. Just like a winter wonderland is the postcard for Dec-Feb. As much as I enjoyed our weeklong white deepfreeze, and as much as most of the public loves those sunny Indian Summer days in the 60s you get a few of most Novembers, nothing screams "November" like a day like yesterday, in my opinion.

November is one of my least favorite months because of the weather. Gloomy and often times very brown. Just blah. This November has been nice because I've had snow on the ground for about half of its days. I have a couple inches on the ground.

November is one of my least favorite months because of the weather. Gloomy and often times very brown. Just blah. This November has been nice because I've had snow on the ground for about half of its days. I have a couple inches on the ground.

Agreed!!! 

This November has been better than many though, as far as active weather...

DTW November snowfall is at 3.7". If they can get 1.0" of snow from now through the end of November, it will be the snowiest November since 1978!!!! The top 26 snowiest Novembers are ALL from 1978 and earlier. Since 1979, the snowiest November (1997 with 4.6") only ranks as the 27th snowiest November. These are incredible stats, especially when you see how Detroit has been annhialating snow records since 2000 in pretty much every other month.

after seeing flurries or better Monday and early Tuesday there is a shot at some flurries late tonight and early tomorrow morning to a total of 4 more days of flurries or better...

that would bring the total for mby up to 13 days for the month of November if that can occur...clearly this weekend I will be busting out the tanning lotion so no more days look to get added after tomorrow

(a quick look says maybe a shot at some flakes Friday, but might be too far north for me)

Some amazingly cold temps and wind chills this Thanksgiving morning over the northwest half of Iowa.  Temps well below zero, with wind chills as low as -29.  That's flat out impressive for this early. 

Have some big fatties slowly floating down out there at the moment.  Pretty cool to not only have snow on the ground, but also some snow falling on Thanksgiving morning.  Feels like Christmas morning lol. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. :beer:

Some amazingly cold temps and wind chills this Thanksgiving morning over the northwest half of Iowa.  Temps well below zero, with wind chills as low as -29.  That's flat out impressive for this early. 

Have some big fatties slowly floating down out there at the moment.  Pretty cool to not only have snow on the ground, but also some snow falling on Thanksgiving morning.  Feels like Christmas morning lol. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. :beer:

Currently -4° imby with full sunshine. The fresh 3.5" of snow yesterday really helped temps to bottom out overnight. Will be the coldest t-day here since 1985 and expecting another 1-3" tonight/tomorrow morning just to add to the Black Friday madness.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Brrrrr!! :shiver: That's just a little too cold for my liking, especially on Thanksgiving. Now watch Christmas be rain and 50°.

Happy Thanksgiving back at you guys as well as all of the other :weenie: here.

With 3 days left in the month, YYZ is running about 1.5-2.0 degrees below normal. Should end up being another cold November like last season. From November 2009-2011 we saw consistent above normal temperatures with NO snow being recorded. This year November looks to finish with 6.0" at YYZ. Not bad considering the average is around 3.4". In addition, YYZ recorded 0.5" back in October. Not a bad start so far. 

wow, North Dakota was cold for November

:................................................................  :       STATION             MAX  / MIN  / 24-HR  / SNOW / SNOW  :        NAME               TEMP / TEMP / PRECIP / FALL / DEPTH  :................................................................  : CENTRAL TIME ZONE STATIONS  .BR BIS 1127 C DH00/TAIRZX/DH06/TAIRZP/PPDRZZ/SFDRZZ/SDIRZZ  BIS  : BISMARCK ASOS      :  17  / -12  /  0.02 /   0.5 /   2  JMS  : JAMESTOWN FAA      :  13  / -28  /    T  /    M  /   M   MOT  : MINOT FAA          :   6  / -18  /  0.01 /    M  /   M   ISN  : WILLISTON WSO      :  17  /   2  /    T  /    M  /   M   N60  : GARRISON ASOS      :  11  / -11  /  0.01 /    M  /   M   MIB  : MINOT AIR FORCE BAS:   6  / -27  /    T  /    M  /   M   
RECORD EVENT REPORT   NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BISMARCK ND  822 AM CST THU NOV 27 2014     ..RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE SET AT JAMESTOWN ND     A RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE OF -28 DEGREES WAS SET AT JAMESTOWN ND   THIS MORNING FOR TODAY...NOVEMBER 27. THIS BREAKS THE OLD   RECORD OF -13 SET IN 1985.    

Archived