joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ongoing Banter Thread

Carvers Gap

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still five days out as this won't arrive until tonight. A lot can change and 100% will change. MRX is just playing it safe as much variability is still left with this potential storm. If the models hold today, they will have to move off that spot. But for now, they have time to play it safe. Probably not a bad move, and they have some model support for that position. Next two model suites are crucial, and they know this. FWIW, still looks pretty icy to me.

I put the bad mouth on the storm this morning...you all owe me. Mr Bob almost cancelled winter, so we owe him as well. Can some yahoo post a pic of the mean and control? Or mail it to me?

I expect recompense if this storm delivers....Thanks. Small bills or bottles of bourbon will do.  

Agh, I really felt like the models had this dead ringer until 18z, I am in TRI and really hoping 18z is outlier. But there will be hope for this no matter what.....It's been my experience that the actual storm is usually off plus/minus 50-100 miles to the north or south then modeled...50 miles can make a big difference in a storm like this imho

Anyone worrying about a pinpoint solution at 5 days out is going to get an ulcer....IN the wordsletters of Aaron Rodgers....R-E-L-A-X. The setup is good....wait for a consensus of models going the wrong way to throw it out. 

Bob that was a great quote.  It was rather funny when Rodgers took so much flack for saying that, it's a football game number 1.  Number 2, it was like the 3rd game of the season...I thought it was great.  I think the main immediate worry is less about the track but trends in QPF...some of our prior runs have been exceptionally juicy, although not unheard of, it's been a long time since Tennessee received statewide 6-10 inch snows.  Perhaps a more reasonable trend might be a redux of QPF but the weenie in me obviously hopes otherwise

Archived