• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & Fringes - Fall 2014

Eskimo Joe

I think whatever we get through tomorrow morning should be snow. But tomorrow during the day could be rain or a wet, non-sticking snow. Then back to snow, but who knows how much we get after tomorrow night...

The stuff coming in from the south looks nice right now, but if some models are to be believed, that will mostly fizzle as it moves in, with just lighter snow. Not sure if that actually happens, though.

So much for "just snow tonight" :lol:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember that new soundings and other data get ingested into 12z and 0z runs of the NAM and that is not the case for the most part for 6z and 18z... the off hour runs can be initialized with data that is already several hours old and often also assuming conditions at 18z that are not always correct.  I often pay minimal attention to any wild swings on a 6 or 18z run.

NWS seems to be riding each run of NAM/GFS because that is how the snow maps seem to be changing... I imagine the snow forecasts will come up some tonight for some areas and not sure why they dropped so low right now... They did increase some of the ice forecasts which I was concerned with earlier.  Even the 0z NAM looks like classic ice storm material for LSV.

Archived