joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Discusssion--winter bound or bust

moneypitmike

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1033 high over us Friday Night give or take a millibar or two. That's gotta be up there for HP in mid September.

Gonna be great. About 9 other men and I are going to our annual men's weekend in my friends camp in Wakefield,nh. Hike Saturday now is pretty tame in deference to the guys who haven't aged as well but at least it will be nice and crisp!

Gonna be great. About 9 other men and I are going to our annual men's weekend in my friends camp in Wakefield,nh. Hike Saturday now is pretty tame in deference to the guys who haven't aged as well but at least it will be nice and crisp!

Oh yeah looks awesome for that. Show 'em how it's done, Jerry.  

Friday night will be when the radiators will mount up. "Radiators......mount up..."

Had to steal that from Brian.

I think I'll do better Thu night. As soon as I get on the back side of any high I start feeling the S flow down my hill. CON will probably pull of back-to-back cold ones deeper into the valley. Maybe one more shot early the following week before we start torching?

I think I'll do better Thu night. As soon as I get on the back side of any high I start feeling the S flow down my hill. CON will probably pull of back-to-back cold ones deeper into the valley. Maybe one more shot early the following week before we start torching?

Yeah the one mid week next week starting to look more noteworthy. Then we turn milder before perhaps another cold spell to start October. Some signs of ridging developing in the GOA around that time.

Overall cold pattern rocks on with a few breaks it seems.

We'll definitely turn milder to end the month, but it doesn't seem like a mega torch pattern. It's basically zonal flow bringing in some warmth, but you really want to see a trough dig into the west to force the heat east. I don't really see that.

Remember when the Euro was painting 1-2+ inches run after run for all of SNE..and Ryan was amped up about it?

Medium range loss

I actually don't, but I just got back on shift a couple days ago so that's definitely something I would have missed.

My aviation forecast guidance gives me more fog tonight than vis/cig restrictions due to rain.

Actually your CAA will be overnight, Friday during the day the high should shift enough that aloft we're starting to warm. Coast will probably end up with sea breezes though.

Look at the GFS surface temps. Nasty. Even some low level CAPE, so perhaps stratocu on a breezy NE wind..especially in the morning.

Archived