• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
NNE Summer Thread

mreaves

We were sort of the breeding ground yesterday afternoon for the storms that got their act together and rolled across NH. Lots of thunder but not much in the way of wind and only 0.50" of rain.

Murky & slow today--darn hurricane slowing everything down. Really could use some clearing, drying and a nice fresh wind around here. Damp & rotty rules the day thus far.

I was sort of thinking the same thing. I kept thinking that something bigger was going to pop and all it ended up as was a a nice rain with some rumbling and a few flashes. It will be nice to clear this awful airmass out.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did a little tour of NNE today. My wife and son are spending the week in Old Orchard Beach with her family so I drove over this morning. Turned out to be a nice day for it. The ride back this evening was absolutely gorgeous. Driving into the setting sun, must have seen parts of 7 or 8 fireworks shows. Long day of driving but i enjoyed it.

Late report due to power outage since 2:30 am this morning.

2 day rainfall total of 5.54" here at home (2.60" 7/4 and 2.94" 7/5). Some other 2 day total reports within 8 miles of my location:

Woolwich, ME 5.33"

Phippsburg, ME. 5.11"

You guys took it on the chin right along the coast, 2.53" on Friday here and a 3 day total of 3.43"

Did a little tour of NNE today. My wife and son are spending the week in Old Orchard Beach with her family so I drove over this morning. Turned out to be a nice day for it. The ride back this evening was absolutely gorgeous. Driving into the setting sun, must have seen parts of 7 or 8 fireworks shows. Long day of driving but i enjoyed it.

Little breezy on the beach with rip currents i presume, I would have sat on the deck at the Brunswick and had a couple of beverages and enjoy some of the talent............. :)

Little breezy on the beach with rip currents i presume, I would have sat on the deck at the Brunswick and had a couple of beverages and enjoy some of the talent............. :)

Yeah the currents were strong but the wind did die down some later in the afternoon. Did stop by the Brunswick for a minute to see my brother and sister in law who were there having a drink. My 10 year old kept me pretty busy at the arcade and on the beach so not much time to hang at the bar. However there was some talent out and about. Did go through several rolls of quarters though.

Yeah the currents were strong but the wind did die down some later in the afternoon. Did stop by the Brunswick for a minute to see my brother and sister in law who were there having a drink. My 10 year old kept me pretty busy at the arcade and on the beach so not much time to hang at the bar. However there was some talent out and about. Did go through several rolls of quarters though.

I bet you did go thru some quarters, I left a lot of them their as well when my boys were growing up, Hope you had the pier fries and a slice or 2 of Lsa's or Bill's pizza, Those are staples down there and then finish it of at DQ......... :)

I bet you did go thru some quarters, I left a lot of them their as well when my boys were growing up, Hope you had the pier fries and a slice or 2 of Lsa's or Bill's pizza, Those are staples down there and then finish it of at DQ......... :)

Had a couple of burgers at a new place called Slyders, right next to the railroad tracks near the DQ. Pretty good. The fries were good too.

Archived