joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Summer Thread

mreaves

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Line came through with strong thunderstorms. Bow was just to my south towards Dendrite.  .40" or so  with a peak gust on the Davis of 45mph.  Lots of lightning, surprised not more rain.   Now watching the pops to see if they get these fireworks in before the line gets to Boston.

Temp down to 63F, feels nice...

I see 44mph for Eek now. Nice.

Actually 45mph, and thankfully no hail.  The wind was way more southerly than I was expecting so I have no idea how I measured that. Lots of loud branch pops in the megapines across the street.  Pretty impressed the power never even flickered.

That was awesome. 

Definitely saved the radar image.  Might be 10 years before we get the center of a bow echo that isn't falling apart again.

what'd you get for wind?

Just got home and found 0.90 exactly in the gauge.  1.57" in the past two days.

Morrisville-Stowe Airport ASOS also having a wet start to the month, with 1.88" in the last 2 days.

The high moisture content of the lower levels is really creating some thick air...can't wait for dews in the lower 50s.

I thought you like heat?

I like extreme heat days (Jul 2011, Jul 1995), but the days and days of 90s and high dews I can do without. I can take the heat, but Lisa and the cats struggle with it. Without AC, when it gets to 85/70 I hear about it. We got a couple of ACs so hopefully those complaining days are over now. ;)

I like extreme heat days (Jul 2011, Jul 1995), but the days and days of 90s and high dews I can do without. I can take the heat, but Lisa and the cats struggle with it. Without AC, when it gets to 85/70 I hear about it. We got a couple of ACs so hopefully those complaining days are over now. ;)

Yeah I know you cool off sometimes at night, but AC is worth it. I need icicles hanging off my nose when I sleep...just like it cool.

We were sort of the breeding ground yesterday afternoon for the storms that got their act together and rolled across NH.  Lots of thunder but not much in the way of wind and only 0.50" of rain.

Murky & slow today--darn hurricane slowing everything down.  Really could use some clearing, drying and a nice fresh wind around here.  Damp & rotty rules the day thus far.

Reading posts on the winni forum is interesting... the wind seems to have been really hit or miss.  Kind of unexpected given such a healthy bow echo.

46mph at the Gunstock hill station.  Apparently Welch Island was mauled on the 2nd and again last night with many trees down.

You said the big wind was southerly right? Paugus to your south may have helped you like it normally down on those big gradient SW flow days. It's like the wind funnels right up the bay.

Archived