Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
June 1-7 Severe Threat

snowlover2

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not in our sub forum but had to show it.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTH PLATTE NE
1249 PM CDT TUE JUN 03 2014

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...
..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
..REMARKS..

1246 PM TSTM WND GST NEWPORT 42.60N 99.33W
06/03/2014 M100 MPH ROCK NE FIRE DEPT/RESCUE

REPORT OF 80 TO 100 MPH WINDS REPORTED.
:stun:

*spc wrf images*

Pretty volatile looking day there. I'm a bit surprised that the mention for tornadoes didn't go up in the D2, since the SREF/GFS/etc. are looking pretty favorable. Forecast soundings are depicting nice low level hodographs as mentioned and impressively deep low level moisture.

Pretty volatile looking day there. I'm a bit surprised that the mention for tornadoes didn't go up in the D2, since the SREF/GFS/etc. are looking pretty favorable.

Doesn't really have anything refiring farther west closer to the surface low.  Personally I'd hate this scenario lol

Yeah that east/west oriented convection with cool/stable air to the north is definitely not what you want to see if you want good storms north of 80 from central Iowa eastward.  Some big comma head will likely plow through these areas though, and with the wake-low potential later tonight that could be interesting.  Tomorrow looks totally screwed to be sure unless you're down in southern IL/IN. 

That first big cell that rolled through Omaha and is now approaching Lamoni pretty much ended the severe threat for east-central Iowa, although I was not expecting any.  Even Ottumwa and Burlington may be too far north.  I'm not expecting much more than several hours of light to moderate rain.

The storms out in Nebraska and sw Iowa are pretty awesome.

Archived