• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & Fringes - Autumn dawns

Has anyone noticed the way the NE subforum cries about days in the 50s with a few showers? Around here that's weather we'd consider okay, or at least wouldn't complain about. They are using words like "misery" and talking about closing the blinds for a week. I just read through it and it seemed strange lol. Back on topic!! 

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone noticed the way the NE subforum cries about days in the 50s with a few showers? Around here that's weather we'd consider okay, or at least wouldn't complain about. They are using words like "misery" and talking about closing the blinds for a week. I just read through it and it seemed strange lol. Back on topic!! 

They can get stuck in the 50s all the way into June.

OT?

Salary...

We have such a small crew (and budget) that the superintendent and myself actually do a lot of the labor. Today I had to mow fairways, and when we mow fairways we do them all (with one mower) the same day. With having to wait for frost, and then the ensuing log jam of golfers, it takes forever to get them done.

Some of the front nine on the golf course I work at may be part of the Mahoning Creek depending on how much, and more importantly, how high the rates are. It's been rather dry of late, but 3-5 inches in 48 hours will bring the smaller creeks and streams up to bankful or beyond.

ATTN: I'm selling inflatable rafts! Get yours before it's too late for a special one-time-one-time-only low price of $2,989!

i'll hold out. You'll run out of beer sooner or later and i'll swap you a frosty beverage for a raft. A ton of moisture heading our way. Whats the chance of some severe weather to go along with the rain for Wednesday?

Finished with 0.74" of rain from this event in Bellefonte.  Welcome rain, but not excessive as was originally forecast.

April was about as typical as possible here.  -0.4° departure and within a few tenths of an inch of normal for precipitation.  A few very warm days, a few cold days, and a lot of days in between. 

Looking like we may get into a somewhat warmer pattern by the end of next week...time to start getting lows in the 50s to allow for warm season planting.

Has anyone seen / heard summer predictions for the region - ie normal, hotter than normal, nice and pleasant, etc?

I've seen some talk on twitter from HM and others hinting at warmth in June/July...more likely July, possibly cooler August.  Pattern would be humid/wet, perhaps.

Archived