gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
March 12 -14 Potential Storm

NEG NAO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would sting but nothing like boxing day for me. .. forever my most hated storm (save for that other one a decade ago which shall not even be spoken of)

I live in Three Bridges and I feel your pain.  Could see on radar the western edge of the heavy band extending to eastern Somerset county and just stalling.  What made it worse was reading endless posts from Earthlight being ecstatic  about the pouring snow where he was in Scotch Plains I think.  Didn't we also just miss a big storm just to our south later on in the season?

You should stop. It's really annoying and unpleasant at this point.

We know it's March. We know snowfall chances are declining. We also know the coastal plain has had plenty of big snowstorms in mid-late March, including two in 2004. So it's less probable to get a major snowfall now than it was a month ago, but far from impossible.

He is from the south where sum angle really is a problem now. I was in college I'm Baltimore in 04 and we missed that march. In fact it was often in the 70s down there in march and I certainly miss that.

In 99 we missed an epic storm by 100 miles. I remember the super heavy paste melting away as it fell.

So over all I would say this area is really the battle ground this time of year. Boston got crushed in 99

If we went by the Euro 7-10 days out this winter, I would have 2-3 feet of snow on the ground 2-3 times over. Storms this winter have snuck up on us-storms that looked big a week out have pretty much all fizzled.

And just maybe..just maybe ...Ole Man Winter has one left in him !!

For Wednesday or next week?

For next week, the Euro looks like it digs the energy way too much given the not very sharp ridge out west and kicker coming in out west. The pattern has also been quite progressive, not allowing troughs to dig and close off like this. So I would strongly suggest that whatever storm results won't look anything like that.

And just maybe..just maybe ...Ole Man Winter has one left in him !!

And just maybe it should be seen as the very small probability it has for being anything noteworthy?

As Pazzo says, it means something that we are coming up on March 15th. Winter storms are possible here this time of year, but it becomes significantly more unlikely as time goes on. More and more has to go right.

80% of model discussion has become name calling, attitude & denigration from many on here by many on here. IMHO, Admins need to step in forcefully before we lose this forum. Discussion eeds to be constructive and related to the weather, climateology and model discussion. PERIOD.

And just maybe it should be seen as the very small probability it has for being anything noteworthy?

As Pazzo says, it means something that we are coming up on March 15th. Winter storms are possible here this time of year, but it becomes significantly more unlikely as time goes on. More and more has to go right.

It basically has to be perfect for you and I to get snow. Of course, if it were going to happen this would be one of the winters. But like you said, seems like it'd be more likely to be something to sneak up on us than something forecast for days in advance.

Guest Pamela

I should stop? This forum is the laughing stock right now for these ridiculous threads.

Does anyone know anyone here personally that they would care what they think?   And even if they *did* know them, BFD...its a weather board and they're talking weather...

<I'm going to worry what some stranger from Hagerstown thinks about my posts...are you kiddin' me?>

Does anyone know anyone here personally that they would care what they think?   And even if they *did* know them, BFD...its a weather board and they're talking weather...

<I'm going to worry what some stranger from Hagerstown thinks about my posts...are you kiddin' me?>

Well naturally, no one cares what someone from Maryland thinks.

80% of model discussion has become name calling, attitude & denigration from many on here by many on here. IMHO, Admins need to step in forcefully before we lose this forum. Discussion eeds to be constructive and related to the weather, climateology and model discussion. PERIOD.

:lol:

Everyone knows who are the usual suspects that clog up model threads and discussions with bickering, massive weenieing sprees and trolling, and I guess they made it through another winter. I haven't called for suspensions and bannings before but there were times this winter that it definitely got ridiculous. When I was storm-mode moderating before the Feb 13th storm, it got quite annoying having to keep up with the number of posts that had to be deleted. I have to hand it to the guys who do it on a regular basis like Sickman and Earthlight. The thing is, educated 20 and 30 year-olds should not need babysitting for acting like complete morons. If you have an angry rant on your mind, take it to the banter thread or PM (or better yet, just don't post it), because I have no interest in reading about what posters have against each other, "STORM CANCELLL11!!!11!", etc.

This is the internet we're talking about here. :)

That's fine, but there are other threads where you can act like a moron and it's perfectly fine. During off times it's fine too. But when half of an analysis thread or more is unreadable because of trolling wars/bickering, it becomes a little much.

Upton

Wednesday Rain likely, mainly after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 45. East wind 8 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Wednesday Night Rain likely before 1am, then snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Blustery, with an east wind 16 to 21 mph becoming north after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

That's fine, but there are other threads where you can act like a moron and it's perfectly fine. During off times it's fine too. But when half of an analysis thread or more is unreadable because of trolling wars/bickering, it becomes a little much.

Oh, I don't disagree, I'm just saying nobody should be surprised. I've been an admin/mod on enough forums and crowed-sourced projects to know that you can't change a user's behavior no matter how many times you ask nicely. Suspensions should always be a last resort, but they should be implemented before damage is down to the atmosphere/integrity of the site.

Archived