• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
March 12 -14 Potential Storm

NEG NAO

This will make weenies say "Just when I thought I was out, they bring me back in". 18z NAVGEM is much further SE, snow down to the coastnavgem_mslp_pcpn_neus_10.png

However, the navgem has been much much further southeast on each of it's runs, not just this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pamela

I recall the NOGAPS being the only model getting March 5, 2001 right, IIRC...at least on one of the runs like 36 hours in advance.

NAM showing 984 low passing within 25 miles of NW NJ and we will be luck to see a 0.25" of precip.  That in itself will be amazing, should be some nice winds on the backside which combined with the 6 hour temp drop will probably be the most impressive thing about this storm in these parts. 

SE Michigan, Upstate NY and N/C NE is the place to be.  Amazing how this low is progged to have a pretty impressive NW precip shield though lately when we see this type of low near the coast the NW extent of precip seem so much more compact.

NAM showing 984 low passing within 25 miles of NW NJ and we will be luck to see a 0.25" of precip. That in itself will be amazing, should be some nice winds on the backside which combined with the 6 hour temp drop will probably be the most impressive thing about this storm in these parts.

SE Michigan, Upstate NY and N/C NE is the place to be. Amazing how this low is progged to have a pretty impressive NW precip shield though lately when we see this type of low near the coast the NW extent of precip seem so much more compact.

It's all about the pieces a loft. We really needed the 850mb and 700mb lows to pass well SE of the area instead of over top. The pressure rises on the backside could produce strong winds.

Hah, I love a bit of bedtime hypocrisy.

I'm holding out hope for windswept flakes on the backside. For better or worse, Thursday afternoon looks to be blustery and frigid indeed.

Please...... Not to mention we'd need the low to track to almost the VA Capes to get decent snow here. Not going to happen.

The Euro is now ots with the Monday storm lol

If we verified exactly as is the Euro at day 10, NYC would be up well over 100" of snow by now probably. Remember the "awesome setups" that were predicted in mid February and early this month supported by Euro snow maps with 20-30" on the ground? Anyone intelligent should just disregard these storm threats that appear.

Archived