Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Tracking 3/6/14 Snow Showers

TalcottWx

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty much a convergence zone over ORH county if you look at the winds. That slowly moves east this evening. Someone may get a lucky inch or even two there.

Even the GFS has a decent little area of lift over ORH county later...funny to see on the global model.

I think someone can get 1-2"...prob where that convergence zone sets up for a couple hours. Might get some 3/4 mile vis snows or something like that...maybe even brief moderate.

Noyes implies that extends all the way down into NE CT..makes sense with the hills and lift. We'll see

Right..it always has to include them.  It doesn't really have much to do with hills. It's more convergence along a boundary..maybe east slopes of ORH hills adds a bit of enhancement.

Right..it always has to include them.  It doesn't really have much to do with hills. It's more convergence along a boundary..maybe east slopes of ORH hills adds a bit of enhancement.

The hills certainly help with systems like this..Just a bit of elevation and you get some extra lift. Again maybe it's the difference of 1 inch vs 1.5..but it's quite evident on mesos

Noyes implies that extends all the way down into NE CT..makes sense with the hills and lift. We'll see

If the hills add anything, it would be well to your east...more like the NW RI hills and east slope of ORH hills...you are too far west for mesoscale terrain enhancement. Just hope the convergence zone sets up far enough SW.

Pretty much what the RPM has too. I like those areas.

Its often harder to get OES this time fo year with waters at their climatological coldest...but its also not that often we have like 850 temps of -14C or -15C with winds backed from the NE in March either...so we should def see some stuff. At least the boundary layer won't be an issue, lol.

950mb temps are like -10C. :lol:

Its often harder to get OES this time fo year with waters at their climatological coldest...but its also not that often we have like 850 temps of -14C or -15C with winds backed from the NE in March either...so we should def see some stuff. At least the boundary layer won't be an issue, lol.

950mb temps are like -10C. :lol:

That's a classic direction for the rt 3 corridor from like Rockland-Duxbury or so. RPM backs it to my area..but I think just SE of me is more favorable.  We had a nice ocean enhanced event in March 8-9 2004 as well, but that almost was an inv trough with some widespread snows.

That's a classic direction for the rt 3 corridor from like Rockland-Duxbury or so. RPM backs it to my area..but I think just SE of me is more favorable.  We had a nice ocean enhanced event in March 8-9 2004 as well, but that almost was an inv trough with some widespread snows.

Today is basically an inverted trough...albeit not very defined, though you can see the kinks in the high pressure field extending NW as this thing approaches. We'll see what happens this afternoon, but stuff could blossom decently.

The soundings are extremely favorable so if we can just get a nice area of convergence to focus some lift through that, then someone could see a surprise.

I'm expecting at least one inch in all of NE Ct

Better hope the guidance is a bit too far east if you want an inch...all the mesos (RPM, NAM, RAP, etc) keep the accumulating snow mostly from extreme NE CT (like Windham county) to NW RI and northeastward.

But surprises do happen with these, so who knows.

the other day necn had a burst of snow here in the valley, doesnt sound like thats on the table

I think most of the region will probably at least see flakes today...its more on where that convergence boundary sets up for trying to figure where someone gets 1-2".

Archived