• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    davisinstruments
    Newest Member
    davisinstruments
Herb@MAWS

March 2-3 Obs Thread

31/30....pouring sleet...hard to walk...enough to make gigantic sleet balls....maybe 0.2"...loving the nice layer of crud underneath

Yep we have a nice layer down. Are you seeing snowflakes mixing where you are? I've just started seeing a few. Not much, but more than a 1/2 hr ago. 

Yep we have a nice layer down. Are you seeing snowflakes mixing where you are? I've just started seeing a few. Not much, but more than a 1/2 hr ago. 

not yet...but soon I think....I am going back to sleep for a bit...hopefully we clean up....7am - 10am could  be epic....if anyone wants sleep now is the time...not at like 5 or 6 am....

mostly sleet now at Navy Yard --- layer of sleet on cars, grass, and even the roads now... once it starts snowing, everything will stick quickly. Temp at Navy Yard is 30 degrees... DCA still 35 tho as of last report (ugh).

Nice steady normal snow. Temp 30.5. I should sleep but I can't. Plenty of time to sleep in April

I have to work unfortunately....so I need an hour or 2...already got 1 hour...I will have some flexibility though during the day to walk around and measure at my place....just have to cover a site 4-5 blocks from my pad....

In 1 minute I went from 100% sleet to 100% snow. So it begins in DC.

nice... you in NW part of the district? still sleet here but the snow line is entering the district now according to radar.

Nice steady normal snow. Temp 30.5. I should sleep but I can't. Plenty of time to sleep in April

I want to go to sleep so bad but I can't. I'm gonna try one more time. Feels like 6am to me but it's only 3:30. If I don't sleep now I sure as hell won't when the local news starts soon.  

Edit: and I have to go into the office tomorrow...crap.

@zwyts soumds like a good plan. my wife can not fathom why I "obsess" over AmWx. Tomorrow looks like fun if the power stays on. as of a few minutes ago, almost no power outages in NoVa SoMd.

I want to go to sleep so bad but I can't. I'm gonna try one more time. Feels like 6am to me but it's only 3:30. If I don't sleep now I sure as hell won't when the local news starts soon.  

Edit: and I have to go into the office tomorrow...crap.

let's do it...I set an alarm for 5...we should be killing it then,...see ya in a bit