• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NJRunner
    Newest Member
    NJRunner
Herb@MAWS

March 2-3 Obs Thread

Just woke up to the horrible sound if pinging on my windows. I take place in the fact that this is changing *to* snow, and not *from* snow.

In the last few minutes, it's gone from mostly sleet and dust to an even mix of sleet, dust, and flakes.

29 degrees and the change is complete, if just a ping or two here and there. Snowing lightly, but everything is covered.

Time for a small nap.

Moderate snow (fluffier; not a small grained snow) is now starting to fall... everything that wasn't covered in snow is now. Temp continues to fall -- now down to 28 degrees.

Nothing too heavy....just light to heavy light snow...23 degrees

it may be light for a couple hours...the motherlode comes in 7-8am...I think we have around 2 hours of warm-up time...

Current radar looks OK, regional radar kinda bleh...Light snow, everything covered..just shy of an inch would be my guess here in Essex MD

26 (Chevy Chase Vill Weatherbug) very snowy Chevy Chase DC. Changeover from rain/sleet happened about 3:45. Temp has really fallen last 30 mins. Everything white. Appears accum fairly quick.

Just woke up. Temps down to 36. Reports of sleet 30 miles north charging south. Good luck everyone

Lynchburg, VA-- in case sigs are off

BTW...radar will fill in...all guidance shows it....

I dont doubt that to a degree, can already kinda see it ongoing around Hagerstown, but Baltimore this looks more like a 3-6" event now...DC still good for 6-8 though I think

Excellent! And has been mentioned, the sweet time is going to be somewhere between 7 and 11 am. Hi-res shows some good returns.

remember how the models were showing a lull?...almost a 2-parter....well...this is the end of the 1st part and there wont be a lull but there may be lighter rates and crappier radar for some people...this will all fill in....I also get the sense that for the DC folks especially we may get some high ratio stuff after say 10-11am for a few hours....like maybe another 2" on 0.1" liquid. in a 3-4 hour period....thats my hope...

I think my signature only has a few lines left to add events to it before I have to condense....great winter for me. Lots of events...big small and in between...perfect blend...nice bone chilling cold...impressive warm ups even if short lived...and snow events spread throughout the season. I've jackpot...I've been fringed...I've been on the outside looking in...I've just made it in. Had some disappointments...had some surprises....all in all if I had to choose what I want my winter to look like...I'm gonna go with the winter of 2013/14 :)

Snowing now with more intensity than anything has fallen with since this began.

Look what the cat dragged in.. :) 

NIce seeing you, Sir