joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Obs for March 2nd-3rd 2014 winter storm

famartin

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll get more than another inch unless things really diminish.

Fishing? Up this way trout season starts in about a month so I'm pumped to hit the creek. I hit the shore for blues/seabass/flounder etc. Crabbing is super cool as well...

Still very light snow, but the wind has started to crank a bit.  several layers of under armor and thermals are going to be needed for the daily 3.5 mile run.

When you are ready to nail some big spring migrating stripers from mid may -  mid june, give me a ring.   Run a 26 shamrock predator and don't charge much more than cost. (Supports my addiction.)   [email protected]... Dan Siegel.   Email me if you want some info or just want to shoot the **** about fishing. Enjoy the rest of the storm.  Time for a morning run as the sun tries to break the horizon.

Still very light snow, but the wind has started to crank a bit.  several layers of under armor and thermals are going to be needed for the daily 3.5 mile run.

When you are ready to nail some big spring migrating stripers from mid may -  mid june, give me a ring.   Run a 26 shamrock predator and don't charge much more than cost. (Supports my addiction.)   [email protected]... Dan Siegel.   Email me if you want some info or just want to shoot the **** about fishing. Enjoy the rest of the storm.  Time for a morning run as the sun tries to break the horizon.

Thanks....I'll keep this in mind as winter winds down and spring/summer kicks in.

Based on radar trends, it might end back home soon.  Noticed the airport visibility has risen all the way up to 4 miles in the last half hour after being only 1 mile at 6AM.  And the dewpoint is suddenly into the single digits after having been in the mid teens. 

Warrington, Bucks County PA.  17.9 degrees, light NE wind.  Light snow ....which is an upgrade from the glorified flurries I saw about 30 mins ago.  The barometer is rising and the temp is still falling (down from 18.5 at 6 AM).

I'll guesstimate by what I see of the grass, that just under an inch is on the ground.  I'll grab my micrometer to do an "official" measurement when it is over.

Most impressive part of this storm is the wind

Yep...and cold temps. I brushed off the car...winds swirling...snow falling light/mod. If someone asked me at that moment what the date was I would've said mid Jan/early Feb....pretty damn cold out along w/the wind/snow. It's March w/a couple more days of cold weather.

18.1/light/mod snow...I'll say 1.25/1.5"...

If it makes anyone feel any better, DC has managed to waste about 0.4-0.5" of precipitation on non-snow.  Finally snowing with 1-2" on the ground.

You could see this coming as colder air took longer to filter in as (I think) Mitchell Gaines mentioned yesterday. I was in the 31-32 range around midnight so DC was probably 3-5+ degrees warmer. They (DC) had some nice rounds going through when above freezing as well...

Archived