joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Obs for March 2nd-3rd 2014 winter storm

famartin

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

24F here with light snow, about 1.25" so far. Looking at the radar, at this point the heaviest precip seems to be getting shunted off to the southeast. Think I'll get some sleep and hope to wake up to 2" on the ground anyway. No matter what the final total, it's snowing, and that's a beautiful thing.

Barnegat, NJ

Maybe 1/2 inch.  Incredibly light snow with a temp. of 24.6

Looks to be drying out quickly from West to East.  Should taper of to flurries here by 7-8 AM

At least I'll be able to go for my morning run in sneakers instead of boots!

You'll still be going several hours beyond 7-8am...I wish I was in your shoes,

@ Birds-69,

Appreciate the confidence but water vapor suggests otherwise.  This baby is gonna get suppressed quickly now.  Even if it were to snow for 24 hours at this rate, I wouldn't pick up more than another inch.  basically flurries.  Was an enjoyable winter without any destructive coastal storms.  I'm ready to prep the boat and dunk her in the water soon.  Usually like to do so on the "Ides of March....the 15'th"  But it looks like I'll be lucky to get her in by the first of April this year.  Time for fishing now that my charters are starting to book up!

@ Birds-69,

Appreciate the confidence but water vapor suggests otherwise.  This baby is gonna get suppressed quickly now.  Even if it were to snow for 24 hours at this rate, I wouldn't pick up more than another inch.  basically flurries.  Was an enjoyable winter without any destructive coastal storms.  I'm ready to prep the boat and dunk her in the water soon.  Usually like to do so on the "Ides of March....the 15'th"  But it looks like I'll be lucky to get her in by the first of April this year.  Time for fishing now that my charters are starting to book up!

You'll get more than another inch unless things really diminish.

Fishing? Up this way trout season starts in about a month so I'm pumped to hit the creek. I hit the shore for blues/seabass/flounder etc. Crabbing is super cool as well...

Archived