• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA & The Fringes - March 2014 Pt. I

Placing this here so we can laugh about it later.

1525382_10152378750932009_1500000129_n.j

That's absolutely terrible. How models can be light years apart this close to gametime is beyond me. WOW, even though it's the nam that horrendous. Sorry piece of guidance. Just do away with it. Good entertainment though.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Placing this here so we can laugh about it later.

1525382_10152378750932009_1500000129_n.j

This model in the LR is laughable. The last run featured a 2 contour closed 500mb low that virtually pumped warm air so far north if made it all slop to MD line. Now it has 16 inches of snow up to Harrisburg. One things for sure is there's a really good chance for a storm. I haven't too much time to look because I just got home for spring break, but I've noticed the NAM's wild swings and that makes me edgy to trust it. Hopefully we can get some sort of consensus by tomorrow morning. I do like the region of Rt 30 south for the storm at this stage of the game. We'll see if it changes, but that has been the status quo this year

Lol what a garbage model.

it is pretty bad but I'm not totally sold on the suppressed idea yet. I'm leaning that way for sure now but I've seen models do this before then shift more amped at the last 48 hours. I've also seen the nam score a few coups but its so rare and the model so unpredictable it's almost useless. It has such problems with convective feedback and then goes off in the wrong direction so often and over amps.

The supporting cast of baby NAMs (SREF) are just about as ridiculous as the actual NAM, although as WPC noted in their disco there had been a sizable reduction in amounts from the 09z run. GFS and Euro ensemble means generally agree well with their ops today.

THE 15Z SREF HAS ALREADY
MADE A MAJOR REDUCTION IN QPF AND RESULTANT SNOW TOTALS IN
SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND/SOUTHERN NY/NORTHERN PA FROM ITS 09Z RUN.

This strikes me as familiar to the fiasco we had at the beginning of the month, with a southern stream shortwave coming out and having limited ability to phase/amplify in the face of the pressing PV. Hopefully things come back north but even if they do this looks to continue the UNV/I-80 gang being perennially being on the razor edge of the QPF gradient at best. We'll see.. we all saw how well these models did with March 1st in the short term. 

The supporting cast of baby NAMs (SREF) are just about as ridiculous as the actual NAM, although as WPC noted in their disco there had been a sizable reduction in amounts from the 09z run. GFS and Euro ensemble means generally agree well with their ops today.

This strikes me as familiar to the fiasco we had at the beginning of the month, with a southern stream shortwave coming out and having limited ability to phase/amplify in the face of the pressing PV. Hopefully things come back north but even if they do this looks to continue the UNV/I-80 gang being perennially being on the razor edge of the QPF gradient at best. We'll see.. we all saw how well these models did with March 1st in the short term. 

Hmm they still issued this though.

day3_psnow_gt_04.gif

Girl at the bank today was chatty and all worried about the possibility of snow.  She asked me if I ever heard of S & S because they were posting lots of stuff about the storm coming ."I follow S &S, don't you?".  I had been talkative until then, and just replied "yeah I'm not into them, they suck".  She didn't say anything else to me.  Le sigh.

Anybody else excited for 0z but annoyed they are all an hour later?

Girl at the bank today was chatty and all worried about the possibility of snow.  She asked me if I ever heard of S & S because they were posting lots of stuff about the storm coming ."I follow S &S, don't you?".  I had been talkative until then, and just replied "yeah I'm not into them, they suck".  She didn't say anything else to me.  Le sigh.

Anybody else excited for 0z but annoyed they are all an hour later?

I can't believe they have over 54,000 people following them on facebook..thats more than the actual population of York (Of course DT has over 94k followers). If they were really into severe weather they'd use some of that paypal funding they get from all those people to build a new doppler radar so we'd have better Sus Valley severe tracking.  :devilsmiley:

I can't believe they have over 54,000 people following them on facebook..thats more than the actual population of York (Of course DT has over 94k followers). If they were really into severe weather they'd use some of that paypal funding they get from all those people to build a new doppler radar so we'd have better Sus Valley severe tracking.  :devilsmiley:

I had someone today ask me if we were getting 12" or more cause they seen the stupid wxbell map they posted. I am so sick of those fools. We all should report their page for a scam and maybe fb will take them down. 

I'd be happy if the NAM's run was reality. 7-8 inches would be great. But this will continue to drift south. De Ja Vu from 2 weeks ago. Cut the NAM's total in half and divide by 3 and that's likely going to be the total.

Wait until tomorrow 12z runs to throw in the towel, but really think this isn't finished moving south. If it's done with the south trend southern pa will prob be okay, actual storm always seems to extend a little farther north then what is modeled.

Archived