Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - March 2014 Pt. I

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we are about to be Nam'd again. Now the hope is not too much of a bomb that brings too much warm air with it.

Meh, its still out of range and almost certainly overdoing QPF, wouldn't put much stock in it but it did tick south a bit.

Trends on the GFS will be more important.

Meh, its still out of range, wouldn't put much stock in it but it did tick south a bit.

Trends on the GFS will be more important.

agreed. this is what the model shows but what is reality who knows. Since yesterday we are seeing good trends of a more consolidated system as opposed to it being weaker strung out.

12z NAM should instill worry into the UNV-IPT crowd. PV is more suppressive and cutting off the good precip.

difference between the last few nam runs the sref and the 12z nam isn't the pv its the 12z nam leaves most of the h5 energy behind and has the waa wave outrun the upper support. It's overdoing that. Without a better phase the waa alone is unlikely to give us 10" like the nam shows. The previous nam and sref phase more of the h5 in and this a more amped consolidated storm. 12z nam trended towards the gfs is a split scenario. I don't see the pv as the problem if this phases and doesn't leave the h5 low behind in the south it will crush central pa no problem. Confluence from the pv doesn't become an issue until near the ny border.

UKMET is not south.

. Yes it is. Unless I'm seeing it wrong it's a complete miss from 80 north and only light precip north of the turnpike. Only the extreme southern tier of pa gets anything significant on ukmet. 70% of the posters in here would be left out. It's also way south of previous runs and trend is important. Remember most if the people in here do not live right on the md border so when you say it's not south people in central and northern pa get the wrong idea.

Since past runs of the UKMET never went out far enough to show if it was a hit or not, you can't say it is south of anything. 

the UKMET goes out to 144 hours just not with precip, but you can definitely tell from the SLP and H5 what the model is implying..precip is one of the least accurate model projections anyways.

the UKMET goes out to 144 hours just not with precip, but you can definitely tell from the SLP and H5 what the model is implying..precip is one of the least accurate model projections anyways.

I disagree, but whatever. For people complaining they want warm and spring, not sure why they are complaining about not getting snow. lol. 

Archived