Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - March 2014 Pt. I

CTP needs to fix this error: it keeps showing up

In advisory areas.

Special Weather Statement

Expires 6:30 PM EDT on April 12, 2014

Statement as of 5:33 PM EDT on March 12, 2014

... Showers with strong wind gusts will affect Lancaster... Lebanon...

south central Schuylkill... southeastern Adams... southeastern Dauphin

and York counties...

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind the winter ending in mid feb if it also warmed up but if its cold yet we manage to miss every snow the last month of winter I will remember this year as a major disappointment. My area is only about avg snow right now anyways.

If I-95 had little events that added up to average every year (or well below, but the point is little events) instead of the big events we've been having, this board would barely exist. Heck, my area has 200% of our snow average and there is still constant bickering.

The storm last week moved about 300 miles in 3 days. Remember when all of PA was in the jackpot zone?

To be clear to those who aren't getting this...to say definitively what this next storm will do at this point is just wrong. Didn't we learn this lesson from that storm? Do you really think DC was bracing for snow 3 days before that storm?

Winds still sustained at 30 and gusting to 48. This is the longest prolong wind event we've had since I moved to PA in 2006. We've had roughly 19 hours of sustained 30 mph winds and gusts every minute or so above 40.

I was walking back from lunch down an alley and literally was moved about 5' to the right in one gust, it had to've been 70mp coming off buildings downsloping in the alley that was facing the river.

Archived