Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
18z Models 12/19/2010

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the issue is not so much that it's the 18z, just that it has little support from other models...i'd love to see it verify being in Pittsburgh, but very unlikely it will...I'm more concerned about the system being a bowling ball and sliding by to my south.

Btw, don't get the euro love affair as of late... I feel the gfs handled the last system a bit better than the euro.

just about all ensembles on there are south of operational model

True..but some of the ones that are south are also very weak and really don't give any snow to the I-95 corridor. Looks like 3 of the members are similar to the OP and cut pretty far north before jumping to the coast. A few thread the needle and look more like the 12Z OP and come only far enough north to just barely keep DC-north all snow.

The Xmas storm is happening when the strong -NAO is translating to a +NAO which happens after a KU storm pretty often. This makes me think that there is a decent chance for a east coast blizzard, but not a lock yet.

Wow very cool, I do agree with the NAO rise this storm seems likely....Should be a fun week!

It would be nice to get some insurance from the ggem/ukmet tonight :snowman: ....If they start showing hits then i think this one will start to look alot better...If they keep this thing supressed that certainly would not be encouraging..

I would be fairly encouraged if they stayed somewhat suppressed

Archived