joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 19 Minor Event. Obs Banter. Models.

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unreal snow here 2.2" and pouring down. Very large flakes.

This Feb had been so epic. Epicosity

Cold. 30" snow. Lots of events

Good forecast by BOX for the ORH-north crowd...I was more skeptical on the omega-bomb overcoming the warm layers enough to get 2-3" and that wasn't the right idea. Glad I am not forecasting full time these days. :lol:

I just drove about 11 miles down Rt. 114 in Salem, MA to North Andover.  When I started, it was 38 degrees and sleet/rain per my car.  By the time I got to North Andover, it was 28 degrees, and we have about 1.5" on the ground.  Roads are awful.  Took about 40 minutes to make a 15 minute ride, and it's getting worse.  To say this one caught everyone off guard would be a massive understatement.  Heavy, heavy snow.

Euro was cold there.

Yeah it was really close, but still had a thin layer above freezing....but big omega in the snowgrowth region can produce a ton of dendrites that really contirubte to latent cooling. That was clearly a big factor today. Even this morning, I liked the idea of the latent cooling, but thought it would mostly cause enough for a coating to an inch or something and not a 2 hour paste bomb that drops 2-3 inches....but hey, when its that close,  that will happen sometimes.

Archived