joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 19 Minor Event. Obs Banter. Models.

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are all going to crash the pit pool. Wiz will be the one that looks like a water rat.

Speaking of the Pit pool, we'll be putting the decking and fencing in once we have the thaw.  In the meantime, we have just one of the orange mesh fences going around the thing.  If we do get a good storm, the fence might get buried.  Hopefully, it's frozen underneath.  :)

Dude I've never seen anything like it. I bet it's one if the highest accident areas in the country lol. And the worst part is they seem to be fatal or very serious

Don't they salt it? Salt is more than enough for these temperatures. I know up here it was like 10 degrees with wet roads one time. Technology is awesome with this stuff.

Dude I've never seen anything like it. I bet it's one if the highest accident areas in the country lol. And the worst part is they seem to be fatal or very serious

I think the worst stretch is Route 1 from Freeport to Bath.  That's a great median to park in.  I suspect John (me photog) might agree.

:gun_bandana:

If we get a crappy spring (relative to typically crappy springs) I might lose it.

I hated spring when I lived up in Bath.  By far the worst time of year on the mid-coast.  Just fast-forward from late March until Memorial Day.  We had some land up in Bethel back then.  Driving up there, we'd be in the sunny upper 70's.  Get back home to a foggy 53*.  Just sucked.

Now that your in your new spot, you can water you lawn and claim a 70* dewpoint the entire year.

Can't wait. Unfortunately watering is a big deal since half my yard had ledge just below the topsoil. I'm in an area of hills where the glaciers decided to drop their load. In fact, one of the largest free standing boulders in New England is down the street.

Can't wait. Unfortunately watering is a big deal since half my yard had ledge just below the topsoil. I'm in an area of hills where the glaciers decided to drop their load. In fact, one of the largest free standing boulders in New England is down the street.

that's really neat.  I ddint' realize that would have been down that way.

I hated spring when I lived up in Bath.  By far the worst time of year on the mid-coast.  Just fast-forward from late March until Memorial Day.  We had some land up in Bethel back then.  Driving up there, we'd be in the sunny upper 70's.  Get back home to a foggy 53*.  Just sucked.

It's terrible. And there is something worse about being at the office and knowing it's 75/45 at places like IZG and LCI, while you're 42/42 and drizzle.

Bethel is in a good location there, most days the sea breeze just tickles them. Until we got a powerful radar up here I don't think people really had a clue just how far west that thing gets.

I have a bit of a flood fetish. Something about seeing rushing water where it should be dry land is kind of cool.

I should say nobody enjoys working them. They are just harder than dealing with individual storms. You can see where hail, or wind, or tornadoes should be. Flash floods you drop a bunch of liquid and the storm moves on, then you just trust it's happening. We also get zero reporting on it. Other offices it's more of a regular occurrence (think Phoenix or something).

I should say nobody enjoys working them. They are just harder than dealing with individual storms. You can see where hail, or wind, or tornadoes should be. Flash floods you drop a bunch of liquid and the storm moves on, then you just trust it's happening. We also get zero reporting on it. Other offices it's more of a regular occurrence (think Phoenix or something).

I know you have to consider terrain and urban environment but seems like its more of a experience deal right? For instance you know a 55 + DBZ cell sitting over the same area for even 10 minutes will cause FF. Is there a criteria? I feel like that's one of those warnings where it's ok to have a bit of a higher false alarm rate.

Archived