joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 19 Minor Event. Obs Banter. Models.

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no way that my hood is seeing any grass by Sunday. The pack is glaciated, bottom 10" of solid ice, in fact the layers are well depicted if one was to slice.

Round II on the doorstep...

34.3°F     

Well depends..sunny areas will take a beating. You have more snow anyways, but these next few days will take a beating.

Well depends..sunny areas will take a beating. You have more snow anyways, but these next few days will take a beating.

I'm going to have to take a pic of before and after. And by no means calling you out. I would never do that Scott. It's surreal out there, a beating yes but no grass. This stuff is a lock. I'm more concerned with my eaves might have to deice to save the gutters.   

Just drove around my town in Suffield and somewhat entered into Agawam. Car was glazed when I came back after my 10 minute ride around and the car thermo read 32 the entire time. Looks like it is 31-32 around Suffield and Agawam and the freezing rain keeps on coming. 

I'm going to have to take a pic of before and after. And by no means calling you out. I would never do that Scott. It's surreal out there, a beating yes but no grass. This stuff is a lock. I'm more concerned with my eaves might have to deice to save the gutters.   

I didn't think you were? I'm just saying we'll have a number of hours above freezing with tomorrow and Saturday as downslope dandies and possibly warm sector Friday.  Good news is that tomorrow and Saturday may have clouds to limit solar insolation. You'll have plenty of snow left there.

I didn't think you were? I'm just saying we'll have a number of hours above freezing with tomorrow and Saturday as downslope dandies and possibly warm sector Friday.  Good news is that tomorrow and Saturday may have clouds to limit solar insolation. You'll have plenty of snow left there.

I think tomorrow has a better chance at verifying lower than Saturday. Winds tomorrow look light during the day. Aren't we going to be under high pressure? And shouldn't there be a nice inversion set up in the valleys as we clear overnight tonight. I feel we won't even break 40F tomorrow with clouds coming in after the morning.

Kevin, just sit back, You will have plenty of snow left..it will become a glacier and then likely rebuild...but you have to accept we turned the corner on winter despite what models say...it's climo. From here on out...pad the stats.

yeah I know. It'll be a glacier by tomorrow morning actually with this heavy icing tonight. Just hope we can hold off the warm sector as long as possible Friday. Then we'll focus on hitting 100

Kevin, just sit back, You will have plenty of snow left..it will become a glacier and then likely rebuild...but you have to accept we turned the corner on winter despite what models say...it's climo. From here on out...pad the stats.

I've accepted the "turning of the corner".  It stares me in the face now that it's lightening up by 5:30 and becoming dark at whatever late time it is these days.  We'll have winter to enjoy--perhaps deep winter at that--but the physics of the universe can't be denied.

What particularly sucks is that I'm convinced I'm going to run out of stove length wood by March 7th.  Humiliating.   I'll be able to stoke the fireplaces with the oversized, but that's so inefficent  it's really not worth even trying. 

If lows stay around freezing like BOX says Thursday night, and the winds on Saturday should do a number.

I think tomorrow has a better chance at verifying lower than Saturday. Winds tomorrow look light during the day. Aren't we going to be under high pressure? And shouldn't there be a nice inversion set up in the valleys as we clear overnight tonight. I feel we won't even break 40F tomorrow with clouds coming in after the morning.

that's what I did not understand about the TV mets week long hype about the "long awaited warmup" its normal tomorrow. The rainy day Friday is certainly nothing anybody will enjoy. Saturday should be a nice warming day with lowering dews to dry out. I guess after what we just went through people will use snow blowers to clear out happy sack circles as some of us thought ten days ago today.

that's what I did not understand about the TV mets week long hype about the "long awaited warmup" its normal tomorrow. The rainy day Friday is certainly nothing anybody will enjoy. Saturday should be a nice warming day with lowering dews to dry out. I guess after what we just went through people will use snow blowers to clear out happy sack circles as some of us thought ten days ago today.

Yea, I was always thinking that Friday and Saturday were the two only real big warm/melting type days. Thursday I thought would get to a range for a high temperature between 37-42 because of a good inversion setting up overnight tonight and not really weakening too much during the day as cloud cover increased. I don't get why Scott is thinking we downslope tomorrow. 

Yea, I was always thinking that Friday and Saturday were the two only real big warm/melting type days. Thursday I thought would get to a range for a high temperature between 37-42 because of a good inversion setting up overnight tonight and not really weakening too much during the day as cloud cover increased. I don't get why Scott is thinking we downslope tomorrow.

He was talking about the coast in e mass. Your area there in the valley holds cad very well. I'd bet you get ice tomorrow nite and hold at 32 until almost fropa on Friday

Archived