Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
2/18/14 snow event

weathafella

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thing without a doubt is going to do screwy things...it just will. I almost see two max zones...one near the deformation area which may be western CT and up through the Berks and into nrn MA/SE NH....maybe another near the low and just inland with max low level convergence.

that fits with Phil's map of 6 NW ct into w mass and the other Ne CT N Ri up to ORH

+TSSNPL at CMI (Champaign, IL) and that PL could just be heavily rimed flakes. Good sign all around.

Very colorful radar out there.  It really blew up between DEC (where we have family, hence my interest) and CMI.  ChrisR's map is a little less optimistic for the foothills than the initial GYX map's 4-6", though this one might not have such an abrupt cutoff, smaller system though it is. 

The 101 region of new hampshire into york and Cumberland counties Maine look really good. My old haunt like Jerry said will be a jackpot region in the Maine foothills.

These types of systems tend to be really dynamic so somewhere south of those areas could be absolutely pasted. Cape ann maybe and down into northern fringes of 128. If all breaks right maybe BOS commute disaster.

Archived