amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Tuesday over running event

Mitchel Volk

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we can see moderate to heavy precip rates Long Island will see slightly more snow accumulations. The 4 km nam shows this.

Agree on this, I'm less hopeful than others on the south shore though. Snow/mix/rain whatever it may be on south shore, there are signs pointing to possible thunderstorm/snow activity.

Agree on this, I'm less hopeful than others on the south shore though. Snow/mix/rain whatever it may be on south shore, there are signs pointing to possible thunderstorm/snow activity.

I still think Long Island will be in a 1-3 inch range. North shore closer to 3 inches with the south shore and east end in the 1-2 inch range.

Whats the GFS doing?

Ruining our hopes and dreams, I'd say.

I know radar and lightning products look impressive out west at the moment, but it's important to keep in mind most of that energy will transfer to the coast. Broadly speaking, we're slated to find ourselves caught in the deadzone between the intense but weakening primary s/w and the growing surface cyclone offshore. Most models have a quasi-commahead feature associated with the deepening surface low, but it gets going too late for most here.

I don't think anybody in the area exceeds 3", unfortunately.

Dry... as it has been. Again to me this has always been a 1-3" snowfall for most of NJ from TTN north save for the NW sections which could see a little more(though not if models keep cutting back on QPF).

For me nothing a loft has changed. All the levels in the column are cold enough for snow.

The difference in snow amounts have been run to run continuity. ( or lack there of ). The wetter models will print out more frozen the

Weaker QPF field more liquid.

So if . 25 falls you will go over very easily at the coast.

But if . 50 falls I think its pretty much 2 to 4. I like the wetter solution just because of some of the convection I see

off to my west. Not typical behavior from a run of the mill clipper.

Ruining our hopes and dreams, I'd say.

I know radar and lightning products look impressive out west at the moment, but it's important to keep in mind most of that energy will transfer to the coast. Broadly speaking, we're slated to find ourselves caught in the deadzone between the intense but weakening primary s/w and the growing surface cyclone offshore. Most models have a quasi-commahead feature associated with the deepening surface low, but it gets going too late for most here.

I don't think anybody in the area exceeds 3", unfortunately.

You can see that demonstrated pretty clearly on the RAP which weakens that line as it hits Western NY and PA in the overnight hours. 

Archived