amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Tuesday over running event

Mitchel Volk

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The furthest reaches of the RAP and HRRR (both 21z runs) are extremely underwhelming in terms of precip.

yea,,,I think this is looking more like a 1-3" event area wide. looks promising down the road tho. cant believe how action packed this winter has been up and down the coast. seems like there's at least a light to moderate even every week

I would give the CRAS more weight than the long range RAP. It's strong zone is 12 hours or less.

The point is that it illustrates—even if to an extreme—what most models have trended toward today, or at least confirmed: a quick-moving, moisture-starved impulse. If the overall progression of the system were a complete mystery, I agree that placing stock in the 18 hr RAP would be inadvisable.

Again the NWS has been doing a great job this winter generally better than the TV& radio mets, I agree with then again. They were right with the storm last week.[/quote

Agreed. Also, it wouldn't take too much of an increase in qpf to put is in the 3-6" range (technically even if we end up with 3" in most areas, that would be 3-6")

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out the radar in W PA, that looks like one helluva burst for them. 

Think this is looking less and less impressive in the PHL area with this one... looks like you can clearly see one piece of energy will pass to our north and another to our south leaving most of SEPA well with no big deal... shall see.

Archived