Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 15 clipper/redeveloper

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah but the mslp came west so I can't figure out why the qpf didn't.

It is all about the mid-level center...we want it to tighten the circulation up and not be diffuse and extended out to eh northwest...then you end up with a lack of inflow off the Atlantic...we need to rip it from the east. When you have it elongated off to the northwest, picture the wind barbs going around it...when they come up from the southeast they sort of slow down and go more south to north near the top of the H7 low and then back down south...we want to tighen that up so they rip more from the ESE.

We're close, but you can see on the 700 charts that the NAM and especially the RGEM are not quite at that level of the bigger solutions. Thankfully the Euro was pretty close at 12z.

Yeah the forcing from this at first is just frontal features and not a CCB. Seems like that is what the RGEM is doing. If you look at the NAM and GFS..look at 700mb and 850mb and look at those back bent features. Having those features allows for super lift near and just west of those lows, but usually it does not extend far west.  The GFS got an awesome comma head going and the euro did too but not like 18z GFS.

It is all about the mid-level center...we want it to tighten the circulation up and not be diffuse and extended out to eh northwest...then you end up with a lack of inflow off the Atlantic...we need to rip it from the east. When you have it elongated off to the northwest, picture the wind barbs going around it...when they come up from the southeast they sort of slow down and go more south to north near the top of the H7 low and then back down south...we want to tighen that up so they rip more from the ESE.

We're close, but you can see on the 700 charts that the NAM and especially the RGEM are not quite at that level of the bigger solutions. Thankfully the Euro was pretty close at 12z.

I dunno Will..the nam had a pretty nice h7 depiction to me.

I dunno Will..the nam had a pretty nice h7 depiction to me.

NAM was great for SE MA and probably even BOS...but not much west of BOS, it takes just a shade too long for west of BOS on this run. Euro would probably argue for more precip into 128-495 belts than it shows.

RGEM was the weakest of them with the 700 low.

It kind if sucks that uncle will be useless because the 30-36 hour qpf panel won't be seen for a long time.

Yeah we won't see the total, but we'll know if its a big hit based on the 24h panel. Much of E MA/RI should already have at least 6h totals in the 0.25" range if its a good hit.

Archived