joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13/2014 Major Coastal Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The back edge of this is coming thru Salisbury MD . 850`s are near AC out across the water south of Long Island

The RS line hasn't budged from Toms  River since 5 AM 

Brooklyn has dropped to 29 D  - Most in MC thru the 5 boroughs closing in on 5 inches

And a train of 45 DBZ heading N towards the city .  When I read the coast will not get 12 inches - wonder if they bother to look at the whole picture .

So when KNYC flips there should be 12 OTG .  HVY snow  prob 2-3 per hour for the next 2- 3 hours

Heavy snow here now....mix lnee looks to be right at toms river, per dual pol...not moving north too quickly so a solid dumping ahead for all of us. Best is now !

Heavy snow just starting here in NENJ...should be very hard to get to 10-12" though, because it seems the changeover should occur in 2-3 hours....about 1.5" so far

The funny thing with this storm is that the primary form of precipitation (in terms of time with that type) will probably be rain, as we go from 3-4 hours of heavy snow to rain and drizzle and dry slotting for prpbably over 12 hours, back to snow for 2-3 hours on the backend. Very interesting storm that will leave a nice coat of white to remember it

So which is it? LMAO. My vote for biggest change of opinion for the day over a 12 minute period. Enjoy the snow either way

The back edge of this is coming thru Salisbury MD . 850`s are near AC out across the water south of Long Island

The RS line hasn't budged from Toms  River since 5 AM 

Brooklyn has dropped to 29 D  - Most in MC thru the 5 boroughs closing in on 5 inches

And a train of 45 DBZ heading N towards the city .  When I read the coast will not get 12 inches - wonder if they bother to look at the whole picture .

So when KNYC flips there should be 12 OTG .  HVY snow  prob 2-3 per hour for the next 2- 3 hours

The next 2-3 hours? Look at how dynamics are coming into play. Ive had to take 2 naps thruout the night in order to kill time. Ive watched these bands CRAWL north since lastnight around 1am. Its now 8am, and theyre just making way into the area. Could be quite more than 2-3 hours. Any changeover for the city isn't forecasted to occur until the precip is shutting off as we get into the dryslot. Dynamics people. This could EASILY stay snow for NYC IMO.

So which is it? LMAO. My vote for biggest change of opinion for the day over a 12 minute period. Enjoy the snow either way

He is a Debbie downer for the most part until the radar and obs start to prove him wrong, and then he starts in with the "wow" statements. Typical emotional fluctuations of some of the posters on here. Quite annoying, but just enjoy the snow.

Here is the Edison area, we had 2" on the ground as of about 6 am, then 3" on the ground as of 7 am, when I went out to shovel and now 5" on the ground as of 8 am.  Just got in from shoveling what I thought was 3" of snow, starting at 7 am, only to have 2" of snow where I had started shoveling, lol.  Have rarely seen snow this heavy - 2" per hour the last hour!  Wow!  And at least a few more hours of this judging by the radar - we should have at least 9-10" on the ground by 11 am.  29F and the visibility is only about 1/8 mile.  I know many of you hate this stuff, but the power of Mother Nature is friggin' awe-inspiring.  I just wish it wouldn't change over to rain - it's just so much less fun. 

The next 2-3 hours? Look at how dynamics are coming into play. Ive had to take 2 naps thruout the night in order to kill time. Ive watched these bands CRAWL north since lastnight around 1am. Its now 8am, and theyre just making way into the area. Could be quite more than 2-3 hours. Any changeover for the city isn't forecasted to occur until the precip is shutting off as we get into the dryslot. Dynamics people. This could EASILY stay snow for NYC IMO.

When I read no way the coast gets 12 I died laughing - check out the moisture train coming up from the Atlantic towards NYC , that's 3 hours of this . Plus 5 in so many spots . Don't think 12 is a problem

Archived