joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 12-13 Storm, Part II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK I stand corrected.  Did they report lower initially and it was corrected or am I just completely losing my mind?  I thought I remembered a discussion about the number being low at the time.

I think they used Sterling's measurement for the storm as the official number though I might be wrong on that.  DCA had a ridiculously low QPF total which was obviously wrong. 

OK I stand corrected.  Did they report lower initially and it was corrected or am I just completely losing my mind?  I thought I remembered a discussion about the number being low at the time.

I think they reported over 3" QPF at the time.  Jus that the ratios were lower than one might have expected for awhile.  DCA on the other hand, seems a lot lower on the QPF compared to surrounding areas if I recall correctly (something like 1.5" liquid QPF?).

(EDIT:  Thanks, Ian, for verifying DCA on that event...glad my memory served me correctly concerning DCA's low QPF on that.  I don't know if anyone got under 2" of liquid in the area from that storm.)

at 72 hrs, 850 temps are definitely warmer than 0Z run....0 line goes well west almost to I81

other than some squiggles it's almost the same as far as i can tell. very similar overall.  still got that weird subzero zone in between warmer. for east of DC prob not better but west it is at least as good. 

Archived